none
Turn off or disable QuickInfo RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, Is there any way to turn off or disable the QuickInfo popup which happens when my mouse hovers over a piece of code? I find this highly distracting and irritating. I have Intellisense disabled but it's still poping up. It's 2013 Ultimate and I'm writing in C#. Thanks very much! Robert

• Edited by xrwright Tuesday, January 27, 2015 8:45 PM
    Tuesday, January 27, 2015 8:43 PM

Answers

• Hi xrwright,

Based on your issue, I know that there are two ways to display the Quick Info option popup in the c# code editor from VS IDE.

One way is that we can move the mouse so that the cursor is over an identifier to display Quick Info for that identifier like the following screen shot.

Another way is that when we select a member from the List Members box, Quick Info also appears like the following screen shot.

As you said that if you want to disable the Quick Info option popup like the first way by moving the mouse, I did some research about this issue. I find that it is default that there have no option to disable the Quick Info option popup.

(1)So if you still want to this feature, I suggest you can submit the feature request: http://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/121579-visual-studio. The Visual Studio product team is listening to user voice there. You can send your idea there and people can vote. If you submit this suggestion, I hope you could post that link here, I will help you vote it.

(2)If you want to disable the Quick Info option popup as the above second way, I suggest you can refer the following thread to disable the Quick Info option popup.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/20037447/visual-studio-2013-intellisense-quick-info-missing-while-typing

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, February 4, 2015 9:36 AM

All replies

• Hi xrwright,

Based on your issue, could you please provide me a screen shot about what you want to turn off or disable the QuickInfo popup in the c# code editor?

In addition, I have not find the QuickInfo option by going to TOOLS->option>Text Editor.

If possible, I suggest you can provide more detail message about your issue.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Wednesday, January 28, 2015 7:58 AM
  • Hi xrwright,

Based on your issue, I know that there are two ways to display the Quick Info option popup in the c# code editor from VS IDE.

One way is that we can move the mouse so that the cursor is over an identifier to display Quick Info for that identifier like the following screen shot.

Another way is that when we select a member from the List Members box, Quick Info also appears like the following screen shot.

As you said that if you want to disable the Quick Info option popup like the first way by moving the mouse, I did some research about this issue. I find that it is default that there have no option to disable the Quick Info option popup.

(1)So if you still want to this feature, I suggest you can submit the feature request: http://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/121579-visual-studio. The Visual Studio product team is listening to user voice there. You can send your idea there and people can vote. If you submit this suggestion, I hope you could post that link here, I will help you vote it.

(2)If you want to disable the Quick Info option popup as the above second way, I suggest you can refer the following thread to disable the Quick Info option popup.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/20037447/visual-studio-2013-intellisense-quick-info-missing-while-typing

Best Regards,

Wednesday, February 4, 2015 9:36 AM
  • "if you want to disable the Quick Info option popup like the first way by moving the mouse"

Well done, Tina. That's possibly the most useless response I've ever seen on a Microsoft forum. And that's saying something, since the bar is generally very low.

Thursday, March 16, 2017 10:33 AM
  • Please, this answer should be removed. The question is how to turn quickinfo OFF , not ON.
    Thursday, May 11, 2017 10:46 AM