none
Not seeing options in new project RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All I'm a total newbie to VS. Just trying to cut my teeth on a simple form but I seem to be having trouble even getting the right stuff installed. Im trying to build a form for data entry connected to a local SQL server using c# and windows forms??

here's where i'm at thanks for the help!! 

Everett Carson

Saturday, November 30, 2019 7:22 PM

All replies

• Looks like you installed the right packages.   Maybe you should try and repair/reinstall visual studio
    Sunday, December 1, 2019 8:06 PM
  • Hi Everett Carson,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

I notice that you have installed Visual Studio Team Explorer 2019 and Visual Studio Community 2019. As far as I know, VS Team Explorer is a free solution for non-developers to interact with Azure DevOps Server and Azure DevOps which means it is not very similar with Visual Studio. And after I checked, I think you could create and access to SQL Server if you launch and use VS Community 2019 instead of using VS Team Explorer 2019.

You could click this link Visual Studio 2019 Release Notes for Release Notes.

Not sure if you launch the VS Team Explorer and I recommend you could try to open VS Community 2019 (open Visual Studio Installer -> find Visual Studio Community 2019 -> Launch) and create then use new project to connect to a local SQL Server. If you still could not do this, please feel free to let us know.

Hope this could help you and any feedback would be great expected.

Sincerely,

Tianyu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 2, 2019 3:13 AM
  • Hi Everettc4,

Sorry to bother you.

As tianyu says, you need to create a winform project in VS2019 community instead of Team explorer. 

And from your images, it seems that you open VS(Team explorer) shortcuts directly on desktop. As far as I know, the visual studio 2019 community doesn't automatically generate shortcut. We recommend you open "Start Menu", then open visual studio 2019 (2).

Hope it could help you.

Best Regards,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Tuesday, December 3, 2019 8:29 AM
  • Hi Everett Carson,

Sorry to bother you, did your issue solved?

If your issue still persists, please feel free to let us know.

Any feedback will be expected.

Best Regards,

Tianyu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 4, 2019 6:24 AM