Build and Compile in VS 2010 Suddenly Slow RRS feed

• Question

• I have just downloaded VS 2010 onto my new comp, an Inspiron with i7 proc w/ turbo boost, 650 Nvidia Graphics, Windows 8, 5400rpm HD, 8g RAM.

For the first week my code would build/compile in ms and now out of the blue it is taking minutes to do the same task. I have made no changes to my comp and the only other task I performed was downloading the pics off my old phone which I immediately moved to an external. I also run Unity which has slowed on opening but other than that runs fine. Any ideas on what may be the problem.

Thanks

Friday, February 1, 2013 2:17 AM

Answers

• Hello Spindraft,

Thank you for your post.

I suggest that you can create a new and simple project and build /compile it to check if it performs slow.

If yes, I doubt that it is related to your VS.

You could locate to the IDE folder then run these commands to check if it can help:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0\Common7\IDE

Devenv.exe /SafeMode: Launches the IDE in safe mode loading minimal windows.

Devenv.exe /ResetSettings: Restores the IDE's default settings, optionally resets to the specified VSSettings file.

Devenv.exe /ResetAddin: Removes commands and command UI associated with the specified Add-in.

Devenv.exe /ResetSkipPkgs: Clears all SkipLoading tags added to VSPackages.

Best regards,

Amanda Zhu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Amanda Zhu Wednesday, February 6, 2013 10:20 AM
    Friday, February 1, 2013 8:43 AM