none
Using Embedded Resources from a .dll in another project RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi there,

I have this issue... I don't know if this is a stupid question but here goes...

I'm busy creating my own Library with my own set of controls...
    In my library i have a set of background images embedded into the dll...

This is what im trying to do:

I've made a reference to my .dll on a new windows form. When i load my custom control it gives me an error saying that image cannot be null(which is understandable..), this is an image for the control's background image...

Now my question is... when i click on the ... button next to my BackgroundImage property of my control the "Select Resource" box opens.. I want it to list the resources of my dll in this list...

Is this even possible?

i've read a lot of forums on how to add the resources from external dll's at runtime but so far haven't found one that does what i need at design-time... plz any help would be appreciated
    • Changed type Riquel_DongModerator Monday, September 22, 2008 11:39 AM redirect to window form designer forum
    Monday, September 15, 2008 4:42 PM

All replies

• It is the best option to post this kind of issue to Windows Form Designer to get the better answers. It discuss features of the Windows Forms designer inside of Visual Studio as well as custom control designers and hosting the Windows Forms designer in your app. 
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Friday, September 19, 2008 6:02 AM