none
Visual studio is not launching RRS feed

• Question

• Visual studio is not launching and looks like hanged. I checked ActivityLog.xml file and following package was failed

SetSite failed for package [Image Service Package][Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]:{ at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Services.VsImageService.LoadImageLibraryAsync() at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Services.VsImageService..ctor(IServiceProvider site, IVsImageServiceTelemetryLogger telemetryLogger, Boolean createDefaultImageLibrary) at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Services.ImageServicePackage.Initialize() at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.Package.Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.Interop.IVsPackage.SetSite(IServiceProvider sp)} {1491E936-6FFE-474E-8371-30E5920D8FDD} 80004003 - E_POINTER VisualStudio 2016/06/02 16:00:06.250
    31 ERROR End package load [Image Service Package] {1491E936-6FFE-474E-8371-30E5920D8FDD} 80004003 - E_POINTER VisualStudio 2016/06/02 16:00:06.252
    32 Warning Package failed to load; error message suppressed by skip flag {1491E936-6FFE-474E-8371-30E5920D8FDD} VisualStudio 2016/06/02 16:00:06.252

Thursday, June 2, 2016 4:12 PM

Answers

• Hi Ragup,

I suggest you to try this and maybe it can help you too:

1. Close all instances of your Visual Studio
    2.Delete everything in this folder C:\Users\<your users name>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\14.0\ComponentModelCache
    3. Restart Visual Studio
    4. Try again to launch Visual Studio

Hope this was helpful for you...

Best regards!

(If this was helpful for you, vote for it and propose it as an answer)

• Edited by Almir VukMVP Thursday, June 2, 2016 6:34 PM
    • Proposed as answer by 宝宝徐Moderator Friday, June 3, 2016 2:35 AM
    • Marked as answer by Ragup Friday, June 3, 2016 8:08 AM
    Thursday, June 2, 2016 6:34 PM

All replies

• Hi Ragup,

I suggest you to try this and maybe it can help you too:

1. Close all instances of your Visual Studio
    2.Delete everything in this folder C:\Users\<your users name>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\14.0\ComponentModelCache
    3. Restart Visual Studio
    4. Try again to launch Visual Studio

Hope this was helpful for you...

Best regards!

• Edited by Almir VukMVP Thursday, June 2, 2016 6:34 PM
    • Proposed as answer by 宝宝徐Moderator Friday, June 3, 2016 2:35 AM
    • Marked as answer by Ragup Friday, June 3, 2016 8:08 AM
    Thursday, June 2, 2016 6:34 PM
  • Hi Ragup,

Thank you for your post.

For this issue, I suggest you insert a good iso to repair your VS.

You may try to run devenv /Safemode to see if you can apply it correctly. This can eliminate the possibility that third party Add-ins or packages are causing problems.

1. Reboot the machine in Safe Mode.  This can isolate some third party application/driver's interference.
    2. Switch and try a new user account. This can rule out the  possibility of corrupted user profile.

If the error persists,  then you may rundevenv.exe /log <log path> in Command Prompt, the log files will be generated in the <log path>.

Then you can check and analyze the log file to see if there are anything incorrect.

Besides,Please use http://aka.ms/vscollect  to gather the installation logs. After using it, you will find vslogs.zip from %temp% folder.

Please upload the file tohttps://onedrive.live.com/  and share the link with us.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, June 3, 2016 2:34 AM
  • Thank you. I followed the steps as you suggested, and issue has been resolved.

• Edited by Ragup Friday, June 3, 2016 8:08 AM
    Friday, June 3, 2016 8:08 AM
  • Thank you. I followed the steps as you suggested, and issue has been resolved.

Hi Ragup,

I'm very glad to hear that.

Best regards!

Friday, June 3, 2016 8:25 AM