none
I cant run the program or close it RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I can't run the program or close it and I got the the following massage box.

I don't know what I can do?

The above massage during close the visual studio.

Kind Regards,

Hany Metry

• Edited by Hany Metry Wednesday, November 13, 2019 12:41 PM add
    Wednesday, November 13, 2019 12:40 PM

Answers

• Usually this is an internal issue with Visual Studio and there is no solution other than if needed close Visual Studio using Task Manager and kill Visual Studio.

In some cases when there are Visual Studio addins installed sometimes they don't play properly with Visual Studio and cause this issue. Otherwise the issue could be from a handful of reasons but with "The operation could not be completed" there is no path to knowing the issue.

Consider creating a log as per the following

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/visualstudio/ide/reference/log-devenv-exe?view=vs-2019

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

StackOverFlow
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange

• Marked as answer by Hany Metry Wednesday, November 13, 2019 1:14 PM
    Wednesday, November 13, 2019 12:59 PM
  • Usually this is an internal issue with Visual Studio and there is no solution other than if needed close Visual Studio using Task Manager and kill Visual Studio.

In some cases when there are Visual Studio addins installed sometimes they don't play properly with Visual Studio and cause this issue. Otherwise the issue could be from a handful of reasons but with "The operation could not be completed" there is no path to knowing the issue.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/visualstudio/ide/reference/log-devenv-exe?view=vs-2019

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

StackOverFlow

Hi Karen,

That above problem because I delete a Form without deleting other thing related to the form and when I use task manager and delete other thing related to the deleted form.

The problem is solved.

Kind Regards,

Hany Metry

• Marked as answer by Hany Metry Wednesday, November 13, 2019 4:39 PM
    Wednesday, November 13, 2019 4:39 PM

All replies

StackOverFlow

• Marked as answer by Hany Metry Wednesday, November 13, 2019 1:14 PM
    Wednesday, November 13, 2019 12:59 PM

StackOverFlow

Hi Karen,

That above problem because I delete a Form without deleting other thing related to the form and when I use task manager and delete other thing related to the deleted form.

The problem is solved.

Kind Regards,

Hany Metry

• Marked as answer by Hany Metry Wednesday, November 13, 2019 4:39 PM
    Wednesday, November 13, 2019 4:39 PM
  • Good to hear this :-)

StackOverFlow

Wednesday, November 13, 2019 4:59 PM