none
VS community 2017 and Loading depandances

Question

• Hello,

I'm following a online course but they are using an older version (Visual Studio 2015 update 3), and it taking about added extra dependences to the global.json or Project.json file (which is no longer around in 2017).

The new (empty "hello world" ) project also has no dependences folder.

The course is going thought adding RAZOR, STATIC FILES and MVC.

How do I do this in the lastest version of VS community 2017 ?

thanks

Sunday, March 19, 2017 7:20 PM

Answers

• Hi G-Oker,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

>> I'm following a online course but they are using an older version (Visual Studio 2015 update 3), and it taking about added extra dependences to the global.json or Project.json file (which is no longer around in 2017).

Which online course did you watched? Now there have some updates of .NET Core in VS 2017, please have a look at this: Announcing .NET Core, .NET Native and NuGet Updates in VS 2017 RC. Like Major improvements have been made to project file migration (project.json/xproj -> csproj). Some documents about .NET Core can find from here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/articles/core/

Since our forum is to discuss Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor, your issue is about the development of .NET Core, please redirect to this appropriate forum: https://forums.asp.net/1255.aspx/1?ASP+NET+Core and start a new thread to seek for a more professional support, it can help you to quickly solve your issue, thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by G-Oker Monday, March 20, 2017 10:54 AM
    Monday, March 20, 2017 9:18 AM

All replies

• Hi G-Oker,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

>> I'm following a online course but they are using an older version (Visual Studio 2015 update 3), and it taking about added extra dependences to the global.json or Project.json file (which is no longer around in 2017).

Which online course did you watched? Now there have some updates of .NET Core in VS 2017, please have a look at this: Announcing .NET Core, .NET Native and NuGet Updates in VS 2017 RC. Like Major improvements have been made to project file migration (project.json/xproj -> csproj). Some documents about .NET Core can find from here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/articles/core/

Since our forum is to discuss Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor, your issue is about the development of .NET Core, please redirect to this appropriate forum: https://forums.asp.net/1255.aspx/1?ASP+NET+Core and start a new thread to seek for a more professional support, it can help you to quickly solve your issue, thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by G-Oker Monday, March 20, 2017 10:54 AM
    Monday, March 20, 2017 9:18 AM
  • Thank, you. sorry about posting in the wrong forum. I have posted into the one you suggestednow.

thanks again

Monday, March 20, 2017 10:54 AM
  • Hi G-Oker,

Thank you for your understanding and if you have any issue about the VS IDE in the future, please feel free to let me know:)

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 1:46 AM