none
Account is SysAdmin - but Non-SysAdmins have been denied permission to run DTS Execution job steps without a proxy account. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a SQL Agent Job that executes an SSIS package.  However when I manually execute the SQL Agent job from SSMS I get the following seemingly common error:

"Non-SysAdmins have been denied permission to run DTS Execution job steps without a proxy account."

However, the job owner is a member of both the SQL SysAdmin role, and also a member of the operating system's Administrators group.

The SQL Agent Service is running under Local Service (not something within my control unfortunately).

I have found many posts suggesting setting up a proxy account etc, but that seems to be for the case where the job owner is not a sys admin.  To be clear, the job owner IS a sysadmin.

This is occurring in the Production environment.  I have two other, seemingly identical environments that are working fine, so i am wondering if I have missed something obvious.

Any idea what I've missed?

details:
    Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard
    SQL Server 2008 R2 (SP2) - 10.50.4000.0 (X64)    Enterprise Edition

Note - the jobs were migrated to the broken environment by scripting them from Env 1, with If exists, drop, create etc.

Thanks

Guy

Guy

Tuesday, September 16, 2014 11:22 AM

Answers

• Obviously, as soon as I post this I figure out the issue:

In the script i had provided for migrating the job to the new environment (to which I have no access) the DBA replaced the @owner_login_name value with a different login.  The account he used does have SysAdmin privileges  but for some reason changing the account in the script did not correctly update in the job.

On opening the job in SSMS it appeared to have the correct owner account, but using GUI to look up the specific account and adding it this way, while appearing to make no difference, has in fact solved the problem.

My assumption therefore is that updating the @owner_login_name when scripting the job is not the same as actually editing the job owner itself.

Guy

Guy

• Marked as answer by TheSqlBanana Tuesday, September 16, 2014 12:06 PM
    Tuesday, September 16, 2014 12:06 PM