none
Enter Network Password popup RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have custom Webpart contents embed control with wav file. I get wav file form SharePoint list in the same site collocation, I try to test this Webpart but when I open the page I have Enter Network Password popup.

This is my embed control:

<embed src="/Music/test.wav" autostart="false" width="1" height="1" id="emdSound1" enablejavascript="true">

This is popup:

I will be thankful to you for reply

Regards,

Senior Sharepoint Developer,STS muawiyah.shannak@hotmail.com
    Tuesday, August 16, 2011 10:02 AM

Answers

• Hi Muawiyah,

Did you tried adding your site as trusted site in Internet explorer ?

Hint: Look at the browser status bar at the bottom that should tell you the zone of the site,

If your sharepoint site is intranet site then you should add your site to Local intranet zone (Tools -> Internet Options -> Security Tab)

Could you also confirm that your SharePoint server is in DMZ ? if yes then you may need to review the AD user policies.

Ashraf ul Islam
    Sharepoint Consultant

Tuesday, August 16, 2011 11:12 AM

All replies

• Hi Muawiyah,

Did you tried adding your site as trusted site in Internet explorer ?

Hint: Look at the browser status bar at the bottom that should tell you the zone of the site,

If your sharepoint site is intranet site then you should add your site to Local intranet zone (Tools -> Internet Options -> Security Tab)

Could you also confirm that your SharePoint server is in DMZ ? if yes then you may need to review the AD user policies.

Ashraf ul Islam
    Sharepoint Consultant

Tuesday, August 16, 2011 11:12 AM
  • Hi Ashraf thanks for your reply.

My Site is trusted site, and I use Hyper-V machine (AD, SharePoint, SQL ..), I don’t change any policy.

Also when I change my code to use Silverlight to run media no popup appear.

I think my problem with embed control.   Can you point me in the right direction?

Senior Sharepoint Developer,STS muawiyah.shannak@hotmail.com
    Tuesday, August 16, 2011 5:11 PM
  • Hi Ashraf,

I'm having the same problem as Muawiyah, but not in a SharePoint site, it's a html app. The site is added to Trusted sites zone.

I am using Windows  7 + IE8.

Any suggestion? Any ActiveX option to enable?

Which AD user policies have to be reviewed?

Thanks in advance.

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 12:14 PM