none
Migrate folders security policies SSRS 2017 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I had migrate my report server from 2014 reporting services to newest - 2017. I used rs.exe.
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/reporting-services/tools/rs-exe-utility-ssrs?view=sql-server-2017
    Both servers run in native mode, so i had not problems. But script does not migrate security policies for folders. I have +/- 200 reports and +/- 50 folders.. Can someone tell me how to copy/migrate security policies? I have the same catalogs structure on new server like old server

Script copy only site settings..
    I will be grateful for any help

Best Regards,
    Patrick.

Friday, June 22, 2018 7:03 AM

Answers

• Hi  Patrick7936

Based on my research , the folders’ permission information are stored on the SSRS server database.

so , you have to copy the SSRS server database to accomplish the migration (just copy the database).

You could see get all folders’ permission by SQL query like below:

select u.Username , r.RoleName , c.Path from

catalog c, PolicyUserRole p, Users u,Roles r

where p.PolicyID=c.PolicyID

and   u.UserID= p.UserID

and   p.RoleID = r.RoleID

you could also see more information about SSRS migration or the SQL server copy at:

Migrate a Reporting Services Installation (Native Mode)

Moving the Report Server Databases to Another Computer (SSRS Native Mode)

Hope It can help you.

BR,

Eric Liu

Best Regards, Eric Liu MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer if the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

• Proposed as answer by Mitarai Queen Tuesday, June 26, 2018 1:10 AM
    • Marked as answer by Patrick7936 Wednesday, July 4, 2018 9:55 PM
    Monday, June 25, 2018 6:18 AM

All replies

• Hi  Patrick7936

Based on my research , the folders’ permission information are stored on the SSRS server database.

so , you have to copy the SSRS server database to accomplish the migration (just copy the database).

You could see get all folders’ permission by SQL query like below:

select u.Username , r.RoleName , c.Path from

catalog c, PolicyUserRole p, Users u,Roles r

where p.PolicyID=c.PolicyID

and   u.UserID= p.UserID

and   p.RoleID = r.RoleID

you could also see more information about SSRS migration or the SQL server copy at:

Migrate a Reporting Services Installation (Native Mode)

Moving the Report Server Databases to Another Computer (SSRS Native Mode)

Hope It can help you.

BR,

Eric Liu

Best Regards, Eric Liu MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer if the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

• Proposed as answer by Mitarai Queen Tuesday, June 26, 2018 1:10 AM
    • Marked as answer by Patrick7936 Wednesday, July 4, 2018 9:55 PM
    Monday, June 25, 2018 6:18 AM
  • Hi Eric,

Thanks for Your reply, now i understand my failure.

Now i have next problem.. Can You or someone else tell me how to repair data sources after migrate on new environment? I have error on use report:

• The report server cannot process the report or shared dataset. The shared data source 'server' for the report server is not valid. Browse to the server or site and select a shared data source. (rsInvalidDataSourceReference)
    I have added credentials in Data Source, so where is problem? I saw on some websites to do something with encryption key - i do not know exactly what to do with it...
    Wednesday, July 4, 2018 10:01 PM