none
Building blocked by two error messages RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!

Forgive me - I'm a little out of my wheelhouse here, but I've recently started supporting a group of developers using VS Enterprise 2019.  I have one user who isn't able to build anything, and is receiving the following errors:

1-  C:\Users\<user>\.nuget\packages\gitinfo\2.0.10\build\GitInfo.targets(161,3): error : Failed to run `git --version`. Git may not be properly installed:

2-     Severity    Code    Description    Project    File    Line    Suppression State
    Error        The specified task executable "cmd.exe" could not be run. System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): Access is denied
       at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
       at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
       at Microsoft.Build.Utilities.ToolTask.ExecuteTool(String pathToTool, String responseFileCommands, String commandLineCommands)
       at Microsoft.Build.Tasks.Exec.ExecuteTool(String pathToTool, String responseFileCommands, String commandLineCommands)
       at Microsoft.Build.Utilities.ToolTask.Execute()    IS.TransactionDesk.Services

So far we've:

* Uninstalled and reinstalled VS

* Uninstalled and reinstalled Git

* Installed Windows updates

* Running sfc /scannow and repairing system corruption

* Running chkdsk on the system drive.

Google has been no help with this error - the only suggestion I see is to disable Comodo, which we don't use.  Has anyone ever experienced this before?

TIA!

Friday, January 24, 2020 4:49 PM

All replies

• Maybe the git repo needs to be repaired on the local machine.

From a command prompt in the directory the git repo is try

git repair --force

• Edited by Ken Tucker Sunday, January 26, 2020 1:18 PM
    Sunday, January 26, 2020 1:18 PM
  • Hello friend,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

I need to confirm something from you. When did this issue appear and what have you done before this issue appears? Does everything work well before? And which version of Windows system do you use?

If you use NuGet package, then please try to close VS and restart VS after installing GitInfo NuGet package and check again. Also you could try to install/update an earlier version of GitInfo.

If this issue persists, could you please share us with more detailed steps to reproduce your issue? I will then try to test on my side.

Hope this could help you and look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards,

Tianyu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 27, 2020 6:43 AM