none
File System Task - Moving a File RRS feed

• Question

• I have a File System Task that uses variables to resolve the destination and source paths of a document.  When I select the 'copyfile' operation...the document is copied from the source to the destination without error.

However when I change the property from 'copyfile' to 'movefile' I get an error and the document is not moved.

The source and destination variables contain a valid file path name since the copy commmand is working as expected.  However when I alter the properties of the File System task to move the document.  I get the following error:

Could not find a part of the path 'G:\Common\Information Systems\DropFiles\nrt\NRT_Confirmation\Order Confirmation Report_11062006.xls\Order Confirmation Report_11062006.xls

It seems a little nonsensical since the document file paths are valid when performing a copy.  For some reason the error log is showing that that the file path is the document name "Order Confirmation Report_11062006.xls" and adding it twice to the the directory path called "'G:\Common\Information Systems\DropFiles\nrt\NRT_Confirmation\" as you can see in the above error message.

To replicate the 'move' action...I added an extra File System Task that deletes the document once the copy has been performed.  I would like some insight into why this doesn't seem to work.

Thank you.

...cordell...

Tuesday, November 7, 2006 11:01 PM

Answers

• Do no specify the file name for the Target.. in the Usage Type of File Connection properties specify it as Existing Folder instead of file and just select the folder path as you are moving an existing file.
    Tuesday, January 9, 2007 11:12 AM