none
SSRS2017 RestAPI - How to retrieve parameter values for a report when a higher level parameter value is known

Question

• The SOAP API offered the method

GetItemParameters(report, historyID, forRendering, values, credentials)

If any parameters values are based on a query and you are interested in returning the query-based parameters' valid values list, the 'values' argument contains existing values and the 'forRendering' argument is set true.

I can't find an equivalent function : the '/Reports({Id})/ParameterDefinitions' will not give any consideration to run-time values.

Is there an equivalent within the replacement Rest API? if not is there an alternative approach?

Michael

Monday, January 08, 2018 11:55 AM

Answers

• Hi,

You could find available Rest API in SwaggerHub. Currently the only available REST API regarding parameter is the one you mentioned "/Report({id})/ParameterDefinitions". There is no alternative unfortunately. 

Personally, I recommend you that submit this suggestion at https://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/ . If the suggestion mentioned by customers for many times, the product team may consider to improve it in the later SQL Server version. Your feedback is valuable for us to improve our products and increase the level of service provided.

BR,

Henry 

• Marked as answer by 123mike Tuesday, January 09, 2018 9:58 AM
    Tuesday, January 09, 2018 1:55 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You could find available Rest API in SwaggerHub. Currently the only available REST API regarding parameter is the one you mentioned "/Report({id})/ParameterDefinitions". There is no alternative unfortunately. 

Personally, I recommend you that submit this suggestion at https://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/ . If the suggestion mentioned by customers for many times, the product team may consider to improve it in the later SQL Server version. Your feedback is valuable for us to improve our products and increase the level of service provided.

BR,

Henry 

• Marked as answer by 123mike Tuesday, January 09, 2018 9:58 AM
    Tuesday, January 09, 2018 1:55 AM
  • Thanks Henry for your swift response.  I guess the product team should also give further consideration to the suggestion since aps currently integrated with SSRS have no way to progress to the replacement API.
    Tuesday, January 09, 2018 10:02 AM