none
Access database engine cannot open or write to the file RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All, 

I have created package in SSDT and I can execute package in SSDT -  load data in excel to sql database - it works. However after deployment to server it does not work, I have following error:

"An OLE DB record is available. Source: "Microsoft Access Database Engine" Hresult: 0x80004005 Description: "The Microsoft
    Access database engine cannot open or write to the file '\\KKK001\TEST\Template.xlsx'. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view and
    write its data."

In job there is a proxy user which have access to the excel file. 

Apart from job I have tried to execute the package from Integrated Service Catalog, so from my user (I have also access to excel file) and can see the same error. 

Can you help with the issue? 

Monday, October 14, 2019 3:11 PM

Answers

All replies

• Are you sure that the file is not opened? 
    Monday, October 14, 2019 3:12 PM
  • yes, I checked it is closed :/ 
    Monday, October 14, 2019 3:20 PM
  • Hi John8522,

"An OLE DB record is available. Source: "Microsoft Access Database Engine" Hresult: 0x80004005 Description: "The Microsoft
    Access database engine cannot open or write to the file '\\KKK001\TEST\Template.xlsx'. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view and
    write its data."'

Please give the user read and write permission to the excel file.

Best Regards,

Mona

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Tuesday, October 15, 2019 2:29 AM
  • Thank you Mona

The user has access to the whole folder and he excel file as well read/write/modify, so this is rather not the case :(

I have tried adding access to Everyone User to file and folder, unfortunately no change, error is the same.
    • Edited by John8522 Tuesday, October 15, 2019 10:33 AM
    Tuesday, October 15, 2019 9:00 AM
  • John,

Change the design to copy the file over to a local disk then process with the package.

Arthur

MyBlog

Twitter

Tuesday, October 15, 2019 1:13 PM
  • Hi Arthur,

I tried copying the file to server however I have following error: 

Copy File:Error: An error occurred with the following error message: "Access to the path '\\KKK001\TEST\Template.xlsx'. is denied.".

That's strange as I have all rights, to proxy users, I have added even read/write access to Everyone User ... 

Thank you 

John

• Edited by John8522 Tuesday, October 15, 2019 2:08 PM
    Tuesday, October 15, 2019 1:40 PM
  • Then the proxy does not have the necessary rights. Fix that.

Arthur

MyBlog

Twitter

Tuesday, October 15, 2019 2:28 PM
  • That was really strange, after 2 days it just started working...

Anyway it works, just little worried that I still don't know what caused the problem.

Thank you all for support!

Wednesday, October 23, 2019 7:51 PM