none
Sql Management Studio - End of stream Error (mscorlib) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all! I am having a very strange problem on my SQL Servers. When opening SQL Management Studio and clicking on "New query" (after connecting with one of our SQL Servers which are running SQL Server 2012 or SQL Server 2016), I am getting the error message "End of stream encounted before parsing was completed (mscorlib)". I am not able to execute any queries. The problem occurs with different SQL Management Studio versions (tested 19.7 and 18.2). Restart of the machines on which SQL Management Studio is executed did not help. A new installation of the newest SQL Management Studio version did not resolve the problem either. 

Has anyone experienced this strange error yet as well? I am having no idea what to do next in order to solve the issue ;( .NET Runtime was not updated.

Thanks for any help,

Patrick Wolf

Wednesday, September 11, 2019 6:34 AM

Answers

• I found the cause of the mentioned problem: We installed a solution called "Cybereason" on our machine => "The Cybereason solution combines endpoint prevention, detection, and response all in one lightweight agent."

This software blocked the communication between SQL Management Studio and our server and caused the strange error message. After deinstallation, the problem was gone.

• Marked as answer by Aquantos Thursday, September 12, 2019 9:55 AM
    Thursday, September 12, 2019 9:54 AM