none
Unexpected Error in xmvsquery.cpp, XMVSXJoin::BuildRelationships RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have Excel 2016:

Excel 2016 MSO (16.0.7329.1047) 64-bit

Version 1609 (Build 7369.2120)

From Power Pivot Datamodeller I imported from an Access DB two tables: "SalesOrderDetail" an "Product". I created a relationship via ProductID (datatypes  both "Whole number").

The relationsship is build succesfully. No I add a calculated colum in Table "Product" with DAX:

- COUNTROWS(RELATEDTABLE(SalesOrderDetail))

The calculation is succesfull, but when I (immediately) open the Quick Filter in the table (to look if the result are good), the filters has no entries. After closing and opening the modelling window the quick filter has values...

==> Problem 1: Anything seems to be wrong when refreshing the data after adding the calculated column...

Next Problem: I add another CalculatedColum in Table Product:

=SUMX(RELATEDTABLE(SalesOrderDetail); SalesOrderDetail[LineTotal])

i get an unexpected error:

---------------------------------------------------------

============================
    Fehlermeldung:

An unexpected error occurred (file 'xmvsquery.cpp', line 13766, function 'XMVSXJoin::BuildRelationships').
    Der Verarbeitungsvorgang wurde beendet, da die Anzahl von Fehlern, die während der Verarbeitung ermittelt wurden, die für den Vorgang maximal zulässige Anzahl von Fehlern erreicht hat.
    Der aktuelle Vorgang wurde aufgrund eines Fehlers in einem anderen Vorgang in der Transaktion abgebrochen.

----------------------------
    An unexpected error occurred (file 'xmvsquery.cpp', line 13766, function 'XMVSXJoin::BuildRelationships').
    Der Verarbeitungsvorgang wurde beendet, da die Anzahl von Fehlern, die während der Verarbeitung ermittelt wurden, die für den Vorgang maximal zulässige Anzahl von Fehlern erreicht hat.
    Der aktuelle Vorgang wurde aufgrund eines Fehlers in einem anderen Vorgang in der Transaktion abgebrochen.

Aufrufliste:

bei Microsoft.AnalysisServices.BackEnd.DataModelingSandbox.ProcessResults(XmlaResultCollection results)
       bei Microsoft.AnalysisServices.BackEnd.DataModelingSandbox.ExecuteCaptureLogAndProcessResults(OperationType type, Boolean cancellable, Boolean raw, Boolean raiseEvents)
       bei Microsoft.AnalysisServices.BackEnd.SandboxTransaction.CommitInternal(Boolean finalCommit)
    ----------------------------
       bei Microsoft.AnalysisServices.BackEnd.SandboxTransaction.CommitInternal(Boolean finalCommit)
       bei Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Common.SandboxEditor.ChangeFormula(TableWidgetPanel currentTable, IList`1 colIndices, IList`1 names, IList`1 expressions, Boolean doFormulaBarCommit, IList`1 displayIndices)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unfortunately the error is repeatable.....

Seems like Excel 2016 PPV is worse then 2013....

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Holger

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 7:31 AM

Answers

All replies

• would this be your problem?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3173784/an-unexpected-error-occurs-when-you-execute-a-dax-query-that-contains-variables-in-sql-server-2016-analysis-services

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 9:17 AM
  • No, I am not using Variables. I am talking about a calculated Column which referrs via RELATEDTABLE to a connected Table.
    Wednesday, March 29, 2017 9:20 AM
  • Hi Holger,

>>Problem 1: Anything seems to be wrong when refreshing the data after adding the calculated column...

You said "open the Quick Filter in the table", what's mean of Quick Filter?

>>Next Problem: I add another CalculatedColum in Table Product,i get an unexpected error.

Your DAX is right. Could you please check the relationship between the two tables and recreate it, then check if it works fine.

Best Regards,
    Angelia

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 30, 2017 5:42 AM
  • Hi Angelia,

please just forget Problem 1 - let's just talk about Problem 2:

I Import SalesOrderHeader from an ACCESS Source (do not know if that matters).

I Added a Caluclated Colum with the DAX Query:

=SUMX(RELATEDTABLE(SalesOrderDetail); SalesOrderDetail[LineTotal])

I get the Exception as stated in my first message. For sure I already tried:

- Save Excel, start it again

- Delete Relatonship and create ist again

- Reboot my Computer

- Waited a week and tried everything again.

Those Exceptions occur really often in Excel 2016 (as you can read everywhere in online communitites). But this Exception is deterministic. I sent you my Version in the first message.

So you have the same error when reating it? If not, I could send you my Example Excel-File fpr further investigations.

Thanks

Holger

Monday, April 3, 2017 1:59 PM
  • Hello, 

Try bringing your access db data into Power Pivot through Power Query

Thanks, Nick -

Tuesday, April 4, 2017 5:47 PM
  • I can reliably reproduce the OP's error in Excel 2016 (version 1704 build 8067.2115) :

1) Brought in multiple tables from an Access file into Power Query. (Get and Transform Data)

2) Loaded tables from Power Query to Data Model

3) In a table named Product, created the following calculated column formula = SUMX(RELATEDTABLE(Sales), Sales[OrderQuantity] * Sales[UnitPrice])

3) Voila! Error message is displayed. Click a cell in the calculated column and the formula is displayed, but nothing is calculated...and yeah, calculation mode is set to Automatic.

Friday, May 19, 2017 9:42 PM
  • I as posted a new entry - new Excel Version same Error. Reproducable in every class I gve with every PC in the companies I teach.

And it is not important if it is access or SQL-Server or a text file. The error is always the same...

Do not know where to post. I already tried Feedback Hub - no reaction at all. It feels like Excel Power Pivot is dead...

Wednesday, May 8, 2019 8:04 AM