none
Database file is larger than the configured max database size. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am developing a smart device application with Visual Studio .Net 2005 and SQL Server Compact Edition database. And also using merge replication to synchronize the data from the mobile device to the SQL Server.

My database size is around 350MB. So when I am trying to synchronize this is the error message that I get.
    " The database file is larger than the configured maximum database size. The setting takes effect on the first concurrent database connection only.[Required Max Database size ( in MB; 0 if unknown)=129].

I tried changing the Max database size in the connection string and my connection string looks as follows and still did not have any luck.

connstr= "Data Source=\Storage Card\Items.sdf;Max Database Size=500;"

Any help regarding this would be appreciated.

Thank you
    Monday, February 18, 2008 10:10 PM

Answers

• Can you try changing the temporary database size. The information about the temp DB is at:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms172354(SQL.100).aspx

temp path-or-temp file directory-or-ssce:temp file directory

The location of the temporary database. If not specified, the default is to use the database specified in the data source property for temporary storage.

temp file max size

The maximum size of the temporary database file, in Megabytes. If not specified, the default value is 128.

Regards

Ambrish

Friday, February 22, 2008 6:34 AM
  • I have been changing the Max database size on the connecting string that is used to connect to the sql server compact edition on the device, but I have not changed the max database size on the subscriber string.

When I changed the max database size on the subscriber connection string it started working and I do not see any more errors.

Thanks alot for the help.
    Monday, February 25, 2008 4:22 PM

All replies

• Have you tried: Max Database Size=1000; ?

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 1:05 PM
  • Thanks for the reply but that did not help. I still keep getting the same error message.

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 4:29 PM
  • Can you try changing the temporary database size. The information about the temp DB is at:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms172354(SQL.100).aspx

temp path-or-temp file directory-or-ssce:temp file directory

The location of the temporary database. If not specified, the default is to use the database specified in the data source property for temporary storage.

temp file max size

The maximum size of the temporary database file, in Megabytes. If not specified, the default value is 128.

Regards

Ambrish

Friday, February 22, 2008 6:34 AM
  • I have been changing the Max database size on the connecting string that is used to connect to the sql server compact edition on the device, but I have not changed the max database size on the subscriber string.

When I changed the max database size on the subscriber connection string it started working and I do not see any more errors.

Thanks alot for the help.
    Monday, February 25, 2008 4:22 PM