none
Populate PDF properties subject line RRS feed

• Question

• How do you export an RDL to PDF and populate the document properties subject line with a report parameters value?
    Saturday, October 12, 2019 4:07 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Did you mean document name?

For this purpose, you would need to use Data Driven Subscription.

You could check follow thread, which has same needs as you:

A parameter in subject line in Reporting Services

Regards,

Lukas

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 14, 2019 2:03 AM
  • Add a TextBox and fill it with the Parameter value; additional see Exporting to a PDF File (Report Builder and SSRS)

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

Monday, October 14, 2019 8:16 AM
  • It is the document properties window, subject. In the RDL, if I populate Report!General.Description, that value populates the PDF document properties subject. Can I populate Report!General.Description with a value?
    Monday, October 14, 2019 2:00 PM
  • No, as far as I tried and tested, it not worked.

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 16, 2019 3:24 AM