none
Failed to execute web request for the specified URL

Question

• Hi there, hoping somebody can help me out here.

I'm using SSRS and trying to connect to a sharepoint list. 

. I'll give as much info as I can.

For the shared datasource, I'm using a link that when I plug it into a browser it brings back "Lists Web Service," so I think that part is fine. 

When I try to enter the "SOAP CALL" into the Query string of my data set I get an error.
    Soap Call:
    <Query>
    <SoapAction>http://schemas.microsoft.com/sharepoint/soap/GetListItems</SoapAction>
    <Method Namespace="http://schemas.microsoft.com/sharepoint/soap/" Name="GetListItems">
    <Parameters>
    <Parameter Name="listName">
    <DefaultValue>{338D5EA1-CAA3-42D9-8D71-369A5B874219}</DefaultValue>
    </Parameter>
    </Parameters>
    </Method>
    <ElementPath IgnoreNamespaces="True">*</ElementPath>
    </Query>

Error Message:

===================================

Failed to execute web request for the specified URL. (Microsoft.ReportingServices.DataExtensions)
    ------------------------------
    Program Location:
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.DataExtensions.XmlDP.InMemoryCommand.ExecuteWebRequest(ICredentials credentials)
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.DataExtensions.XmlDP.InMemoryCommand.Execute()
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.DataExtensions.XmlDP.InMemoryCommand.<>c__DisplayClass1.<ExecuteReader>b__0()
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.DataExtensions.XmlDP.WebRequestHelper.ExecuteServerCallAsNtUser(ServerCall serverCall, WindowsIdentity ntUser)
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.DataExtensions.XmlDP.InMemoryCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.QueryDesigners.QueryResultsGrid.ExecuteQuery()
    Monday, November 21, 2011 11:10 AM

Answers

• Hi anuj,

Thanks for your feedback.

Please do not change your query string, just click the Query Designer and run your original query in it to verify whether you get the new updated list, if so, click Save, and then click the Refresh fields button to have a try, if it still doesn’t work, you would have to recreate you dataset to have a try.

Thanks,
    Bill Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Friday, November 25, 2011 1:43 AM

All replies

• Hi anuj,

Thanks for your post.

The structrue of the query string you provide is right, but I’not sure the listName default value  you sepcify is right, and the connect string you specified to connect sharepoint list is correct, whether you have the right to access the sharepoint list. So, I would suggest you to refer to the link below to address the exact issue to your sharepoint list report.
    http://www.codeproject.com/KB/reporting-services/ReportFromSharePoint.aspx

Thanks,
    Bill Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Wednesday, November 23, 2011 4:50 AM
  • Thanx bill,

i have resolved that issue,but now i am facing another problem,the problem is that:once i have created custom list with all the columns that i need,and execute the xml query as specified above,it will show all the column of my custom list,but after that if i update my custom list and add few more columns,these newly added columns wiil not be shown when i execute this query,and  it will only show the column that were created at the time of list creation..can u help me in that???

Wednesday, November 23, 2011 9:16 AM
  • Hi anuj,

Generally speaking, when you create a dataset, the report design tool would detect the the colum fields you want to create according to the query string you specified, once this steps was finished, unless you refresh the dataset, the dataset would not recheck the colomn fields you would like to include in dataset.

This is by design, so whenver, the relevant table structrue changed, you would have to refresh the dataset, and then republish your report to server.

Thanks,
    Bill Lu

Wednesday, November 23, 2011 9:50 AM
  • hi bill

if i am not wrong we refresh the dataset by clicking on REFRESHFIELDS button,but i have tried it several time,nothing has happened. i think there is a function UpdateListItems in sharepoint list web services which needs to be used.i have wriiten a xml query,to update the fields,but it is also showing an error,can u tell the error in that query,or there is some other way to update fields

<Query>

<SoapAction>http://schemas.microsoft.com/sharepoint/soap/UpdateListItems</SoapAction>

<Method Namespace="http://schemas.microsoft.com/sharepoint/soap/" Name="UpdateListItems">

<Parameters>

<Parameter Name="listName">

<DefaultValue>{1BAC7DF9-C454-4264-823F-0DF2FB46C847}</DefaultValue>

</Parameter>

<Parameter Name="update">

<DefaultValue>{1BAC7DF9-C454-4264-823F-0DF2FB46C847}</DefaultValue>

</Parameter>

</Parameters>

</Method>

<ElementPath IgnoreNamespaces="True">*</ElementPath>

</Query>

• Edited by anuj astro Wednesday, November 23, 2011 12:20 PM
    Wednesday, November 23, 2011 11:27 AM
  • Hi anuj,

Thanks for your feedback.

Please do not change your query string, just click the Query Designer and run your original query in it to verify whether you get the new updated list, if so, click Save, and then click the Refresh fields button to have a try, if it still doesn’t work, you would have to recreate you dataset to have a try.

Thanks,
    Bill Lu

Friday, November 25, 2011 1:43 AM
  • Hi Bill,

I''ll try that also

thanx

Friday, November 25, 2011 4:19 AM