• Question

• Hi All,

I have the following scenario:

Domains

Root Domain: test.com

Child domains: prod.test.com; Quality.test.com; Int.test.com

Then I have another forest with several domains:

Root domain: mycompany.com

Child domain: users.mycompany.com (all user accounts are in this domain)

I have 3 SSRS servers deployed in the root domain (test.com), where these servers have their own reporting DB on a remote SQL server in each child domain.

If I use an account belonging to the test.com I don't have any issues accessing the reports what is normal because a trust relationship exists between the root domain and the child domains and the SSRS server are able to connect to each SQL server through a Windows service account or a SQL account.

I also have a server that is added to the domain mycompany.com that is in another forest, this server is able to talk to the SSRS servers deployed in test.com domain but not with the child domains where the Reporting DBs are deployed, from this server I'm not able to see the reports using an account from the mycompany.com domain, because no trust relationship exists between both forests.

My goal is if possible to use an account from mycompany.com domain to see and access to these reports instead of using test.com accounts.

I have the following Requirements:

- I can't build new trust relationships between the two forests mycompany.com and test.com

- I can't open firewall rules from mycompany.com to any child domain (prod.test.com; Quality.test.com; Int.test.com)

- I should only use mycompany.com accounts to access to the reports deployed in test.com domain

So my problem here is that I can't create a trust relationship between forests nor open firewall rules to the child domains.

I'm able to reach the reporting servers URLs in the test.com domain from mycompany.com domain, but how could I use the report URL without using the test.com accounts, because when I access the report it will ask for credentials that belong to test.com.

There is any solution or ideas to copy automatically or sync these reports with other SSRS server in another forest?

Is this possible taking into consideration the requirements?

What possible solutions do I have?

Your help will be very appreciated.

Thank you all.

David Paris Vicente

Wednesday, October 31, 2018 3:46 PM

All replies