none
ARCHIVED - NEEDED: More Answerers (Page 1)

All replies

• Dear Ed, 

There is no name in your post.

The most important motivation for the research work that resulted in the relational model was the objective of providing a sharp and clear boundary between the logical and physical aspects of database management. - E. F. Codd

My blog

Sunday, September 1, 2013 4:58 AM
  • Hi Ed ,

I have been consistent for the past one year on MSDN forumns (almost all SQL Server related forumns) ,

not sure on the count of answers , i had contributed on each forumn . I am ready to accept the role of Answerer ,

please let me know if i am eligible for that :)

sathya - www.allaboutmssql.com ** Mark as answered if my post solved your problem and Vote as helpful if my post was useful **.

Sunday, September 1, 2013 5:00 AM
  • Hi Ed ,

I have been consistent for the past one year on MSDN forumns (almost all SQL Server related forumns) ,

not sure on the count of answers , i had contributed on each forumn . I am ready to accept the role of Answerer ,

please let me know if i am eligible for that :)

sathya - www.allaboutmssql.com ** Mark as answered if my post solved your problem and Vote as helpful if my post was useful **.

Sathya,

Great! Could you review the guidelines below and let me know if you agree to them?

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/1059.forum-moderation-guide-managing-posts-and-threads-marking-answers.aspx#Guidance

Thanks!

Ed Price, SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Sunday, September 1, 2013 6:00 AM
    Owner
  • Dear Ed, 

There is no name in your post.

The most important motivation for the research work that resulted in the relational model was the objective of providing a sharp and clear boundary between the logical and physical aspects of database management. - E. F. Codd

My blog

Right. Sorry about that. It's a work in progress, so I will add people who are meeting those requirements. Thanks!

Ed Price, SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Sunday, September 1, 2013 6:11 AM
    Owner
  • Hello Ed,

Right I agree ,it would be good part from your side to list down names of people .Then they can say whether they can take it or not.It would also give feeling that they are invited.

Thanks

Please mark this reply as the answer or vote as helpful, as appropriate, to make it useful for other readers

Sunday, September 1, 2013 6:15 AM
  • Hello Ed,

Right I agree ,it would be good part from your side to list down names of people .Then they can say whether they can take it or not.It would also give feeling that they are invited.

Thanks

Please mark this reply as the answer or vote as helpful, as appropriate, to make it useful for other readers

Ha! I just added your name without seeing your post here. So you're invited. Are you interested? If so, do you agree to these guidelines?

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/1059.forum-moderation-guide-managing-posts-and-threads-marking-answers.aspx#Guidance

Thanks!

Sunday, September 1, 2013 6:17 AM
    Owner

• Please mark this reply as the answer or vote as helpful, as appropriate, to make it useful for other readers

Ha! I just added your name without seeing your post here. So you're invited. Are you interested? If so, do you agree to these guidelines?

Thanks!

Hello Ed,

Thanks for recommending my name ,I would be happy to take responsibility and have read the guidelines.

Regards

Sunday, September 1, 2013 6:34 AM
  • Hi Ed,

I read the Forumn moderation guidelines and I will make sure to follow the rules .

Sunday, September 1, 2013 6:43 AM
  • Hello Ed,

Thanks for recommending my name ,I would be happy to take responsibility and have read the guidelines.

Regards

Great. Done for both of you. Thanks!

Sunday, September 1, 2013 6:52 AM
    Owner
  • Hi Ed,

I have gone through guidelines and am delighted to take the responsibility and continue to be part of forum.

Please use Marked as Answer if my post solved your problem and use Vote As Helpful if a post was useful.

Sunday, September 1, 2013 7:06 AM
    Answerer
  • Thanks Ed,

Is there any opportunity for me to be in the list?

Regards

My blog

Sunday, September 1, 2013 7:11 AM
  • Hi Ed,

I have gone through guidelines and am delighted to take the responsibility and continue to be part of forum.

Please use Marked as Answer if my post solved your problem and use Vote As Helpful if a post was useful.

Done. Thanks!

Sunday, September 1, 2013 7:12 AM
    Owner
  • Hi Ed,

I would recommend few of other guys as Answerers. 

1. Andreas.Wolter SARPEDON Quality Lab (MCM)

2. Uwe Rickendb Berater GmbH(Partner, MVP)

Sunday, September 1, 2013 7:19 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi Ed,

I would recommend few of other guys as Answerers. 

1. Andreas.Wolter SARPEDON Quality Lab (MCM)

2. Uwe Rickendb Berater GmbH(Partner, MVP)

Latheesh,

Andreas hasn't met the first requirements and neither are really in this forum (they focus on other forums). But you are in this forum consistently. Are you interested, and do you agree to the guidelines?

Thanks!

Sunday, September 1, 2013 7:47 AM
    Owner
  • Ok Ed. I was recommending based on their answers which is exceptionally good. 

I think we have another thread asking for more answers where I have been nominated and shown my willingness already. 

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e3b29eeb-8158-472b-9412-6bc000c3f8ca/needed-more-answerers

Sunday, September 1, 2013 7:57 AM
    Answerer
  • Ok Ed. I was recommending based on their answers which is exceptionally good. 

I think we have another thread asking for more answers where I have been nominated and shown my willingness already. 

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e3b29eeb-8158-472b-9412-6bc000c3f8ca/needed-more-answerers

Right. It's a different forum. Not everyone is knee deep in as many different forums as you are. =^)

The point is that we want people who are already in the specific forum and known for being helpful in that specific forum. And they've been around for awhile, so they're not a shooting star.

So I assume you're up to help out in this one too?

Thanks!

Sunday, September 1, 2013 8:11 AM
    Owner
  • Yes Ed. Happy to take this opportunity. 

Sunday, September 1, 2013 8:18 AM
    Answerer
  • Yes Ed. Happy to take this opportunity. 

Done. Thanks!

Sunday, September 1, 2013 8:23 AM
    Owner
  • Thanks Ed,

Is there any opportunity for me to be in the list?

Regards

My blog

You've only been active for about 4 months, but that's okay. Let's get your answers up to 100 to prove you're sticking around. I'll hunt around to propose and mark your answers in this forum to help with that.

Thanks!

Sunday, September 1, 2013 8:30 AM
    Owner
  • Dear Ed,

Thanks for your encouragement and support.

Regards

My blog

Sunday, September 1, 2013 8:47 AM
  • I also just added David as an Answerer. Thanks, David!

Tuesday, September 3, 2013 8:57 PM
    Owner
  • Hello Ed,

Yes, I would like to do the job as moderator.

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

Wednesday, September 4, 2013 4:56 AM

Hello Ed,

You replied on lots of old thread ,is it good to ask user again for his feedback after long time, I mean ,should we reply again on old thread ask OP feedback.

Can we go ahead and mark answers to already proposed answers on very old thread.Some seems to me as good answer

Just curious ,

Thanks in advance for your input.

Wednesday, September 4, 2013 5:07 AM
  • Hi Ed Price, Let me try the Role of Answerer. I have gone through the guidelines.

Regards, RSingh

Thursday, September 5, 2013 5:09 AM

Hello Ed,

You replied on lots of old thread ,is it good to ask user again for his feedback after long time, I mean ,should we reply again on old thread ask OP feedback.

Can we go ahead and mark answers to already proposed answers on very old thread.Some seems to me as good answer

Just curious ,

Thanks in advance for your input.

If it's 6 months or older, yes we can directly mark an answer (I forgot that). But if it's more recent than 6 months, we should propose an answer for 7 days first. If there is no clear answer, we should ask the OP if their question still exists and then wait for 7 days... even if they asked 2 years ago. As a community we should have helped them 2 years ago. But it's better now to make up for that mistake than to continue to completely ignore them.

Thanks!

Thursday, September 5, 2013 7:52 PM
    Owner
  • Hi Ed Price, Let me try the Role of Answerer. I have gone through the guidelines.

Regards, RSingh

I added you as an Answerer. Thanks!

Thursday, September 5, 2013 7:53 PM
    Owner
  • Hello Ed,

Yes, I would like to do the job as moderator.

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

Olaf, you are now a Moderator. Thanks!

Thursday, September 5, 2013 7:54 PM
    Owner
  • Hi Ed,

I have read the guidelines and I'm happy to take this up.

Thanks & Regards RAJUKIRAN L Please mark this reply as the answer or vote as helpful, as appropriate, to make it useful for other readers.

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 12:57 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi Ed,

I have read the guidelines and I'm happy to take this up.

Thanks & Regards RAJUKIRAN L Please mark this reply as the answer or vote as helpful, as appropriate, to make it useful for other readers.

rksqldba - I added you as an Answerer. Thanks!

Ed Price, Power BI & SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Monday, November 4, 2013 6:32 AM
    Owner