none
Log shipping error RRS feed

• Question

• I have a log shipping environment, it failed some days ago due to space problems and I had to delete the backup log files, after that automatic full log backup was generated (56GB size); this backup file is taking more than 1 one day being transferred to alternative db and I am not sure if it will finish some day before log drive gets full again. What could I do to delete backup log files without affecting the log transfer configuration? Thanks in advance for your help, Luz
    Saturday, July 10, 2010 12:04 AM

Answers

•  after that automatic full log backup was generated (56GB size); this backup file is taking more than 1 one day being transferred to alternative db and I am not sure if it will finish some day before log drive gets full again. What could I do to delete backup log files without affecting the log transfer configuration?
    You need a faster way of transfer. More capable hardware platform or more efficient way of transferring the 56GB file.
    Kalman Toth, SQL Server & Business Intelligence Training; SQL 2008 GRAND SLAM
    Sunday, July 11, 2010 9:01 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic643233-357-1.aspx#bm643444
    Saturday, July 10, 2010 9:06 PM
  • Thanks!!!

Saturday, July 10, 2010 11:50 PM
  •  after that automatic full log backup was generated (56GB size); this backup file is taking more than 1 one day being transferred to alternative db and I am not sure if it will finish some day before log drive gets full again. What could I do to delete backup log files without affecting the log transfer configuration?
    You need a faster way of transfer. More capable hardware platform or more efficient way of transferring the 56GB file.
    Kalman Toth, SQL Server & Business Intelligence Training; SQL 2008 GRAND SLAM
    Sunday, July 11, 2010 9:01 AM
    Answerer