none
SSRS 2012 "Unable to load client print control" OR "An error occurred during printing. (0x8007F303)" or ActiveX not re-installing RRS feed

• Question

• We upgraded our SSRS from 2008 to 2012 and my users are under XP with IE7 or IE8, and some of us fortunate ones like myself upgraded to a new PC Win 7 / IE11 all resulting in various issues while trying to PRINT and especially PREVIEW a report.

i haven't found anything documented for SSRS 2012 ( without Sharepoint ) pertaining to these issues.

Has anyone else encountered problems PRINTING or PREVIEWING SSRS reports with any of these errors/messages: 

print button disabled when print preview attempted 

error/message: This website wants to run the following add-on "SQL Server 2012" from Microsoft Corporation 

error: An error occurred during printing. (0x8007F303)

ActiveX doesn't seem to install/reinstall under Windows 7 under Administrator with all Active X switches turned on/active 

Thanks in advance 

George 

Monday, January 11, 2016 9:14 PM

Answers

• Hi George,

The users who want to use the SSRS print feature must download and install the ActiveX control that provides client print functionality. The first time a user clicks the Printer icon on the report toolbar, the Microsoft ActiveX control is downloaded to the computer. After the control is downloaded, the Print dialog box displays whenever the user clicks the Printer icon.

Depending on browser settings, the user may be prompted to install the control, be prevented from installing the control, or have the control install transparently in the background. For Microsoft Internet Explorer, settings that affect ActiveX control download and installation are specified through the ActiveX controls and plug-ins node in the Security Settings page for the Web content zone.

For more details about how to enable Client-Side Printing for Reporting Services, please refer to the following article:
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-IN/library/ms155874(v=sql.110).aspx

Thanks,
    Katherine Xiong

Katherine Xiong
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, January 12, 2016 6:03 AM

All replies

• Hi George,

The users who want to use the SSRS print feature must download and install the ActiveX control that provides client print functionality. The first time a user clicks the Printer icon on the report toolbar, the Microsoft ActiveX control is downloaded to the computer. After the control is downloaded, the Print dialog box displays whenever the user clicks the Printer icon.

Depending on browser settings, the user may be prompted to install the control, be prevented from installing the control, or have the control install transparently in the background. For Microsoft Internet Explorer, settings that affect ActiveX control download and installation are specified through the ActiveX controls and plug-ins node in the Security Settings page for the Web content zone.

For more details about how to enable Client-Side Printing for Reporting Services, please refer to the following article:
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-IN/library/ms155874(v=sql.110).aspx

Thanks,
    Katherine Xiong

Katherine Xiong
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, January 12, 2016 6:03 AM
  • Hello Katherine

Thanks for your reply and instructions, we will try your suggestions.

I was working with our technician Tuesday since we don't have admin rights to install on our users PCs and the new problem is we cant seem to copy into/install the rsclient cabinet (.cab) file into "C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files" on her PC.

I had no trouble on my PC with Windows 7, but my user who is still on Win XP Pro 2002  SP3  the folder is locked and we tried unlocking but cant copy the cabinet file into it like I did on my PC.

The user had the printing before and her coworker with the same configuration is still able to. We suspect they installed something on her PC and we will try to revert back to her settings.

Stay tuned

George

Wednesday, January 20, 2016 2:25 PM