How do I add a Comment into the Work Item's "Discusion Only" Tab? RRS feed

• Question

• In VS Online Task then is a section called "Discussion Only" under the History tab.

Q1 It only ever says "[No Entries with comments]. Where does it get these comments from? I'd like to use it but have no idea where to type. ie: How do I use this feature?

Q2. Our Dev Team works over multiple non-overlapping time-zones. They would like to ask a question, add a status to a task &/or PBI. Which could be answered overnight. Is it possible to have some kind of discussion thread associated with a task?

I speculate that the only way to have these kind of delayed Q&A / Tracked Instant Message discussions is via the "Team Room". Correct?
    That seems to be way too general for questions on a specific feature or task.  

Wednesday, January 15, 2014 12:48 AM

Answers

• Hi David,

For the first question, you can input above "Disscussion Only" and then save the task. See the screenshot as below:

For the second question, you can discuss by email, and also use team room of the team project. Team Room is used for discussion. If you want to make it associates with specific work item, please vote the user voice here.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, January 15, 2014 3:36 AM

All replies

• Hi David,

For the first question, you can input above "Disscussion Only" and then save the task. See the screenshot as below:

For the second question, you can discuss by email, and also use team room of the team project. Team Room is used for discussion. If you want to make it associates with specific work item, please vote the user voice here.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, January 15, 2014 3:36 AM
  • Thanks Kimi,

1. Typing in History to have it appear in Discussion was not obvious. But it works. Thanks for your help.

2. Discuss via email. That is were we came from. The discussion is not tracked nor associated with the Work item.
    However perhaps if we create an alert when the WorkItem is changed to send an email notification to the relevant people. This could be a useful approach. I will look into it.

• Edited by David Lean Friday, January 24, 2014 1:29 AM
    Friday, January 24, 2014 1:28 AM