none
Internal error: An unexpected error occurred (file 'mdcalccover.cpp', line 259, function 'MDCalcCover::BuildCover') RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I m getting this weird error when i run a MDX query.

Internal error: An unexpected error occurred (file 'mdcalccover.cpp', line 259, function 'MDCalcCover::BuildCover')

The SSAS version is 11.0.6020.0

The SQL server 2012 DB has the latest build (SP4)  that is mentioned in the Microsoft website.

Microsoft SQL Server 2012 (SP4-GDR) (KB4057116) - 11.0.7462.6 (X64)   Jan  5 2018 22:11:56   Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation  Enterprise Edition: Core-based Licensing (64-bit) on Windows NT 6.1 <X64> (Build 7601: Service Pack 1) (Hypervisor) 

Thanks,

Anand

• Edited by Anandsac Thursday, November 22, 2018 9:09 PM
    Tuesday, November 20, 2018 9:16 PM

All replies

• Usually when you see an error referencing a line in a .cpp file it's indicative of a bug of some sort. I'd suggest testing if this has been fixed in SP4 (your SSAS build is 2012 SP3). Otherwise you might need to ring product support and raise an official support case.

http://darren.gosbell.com - please mark correct answers

Wednesday, November 21, 2018 2:27 AM
  • Hi Anandsac,

Can you reproduce this issue when executing other MDX queries?

The "An unexpected exception occurred" error really means some exception happens, and the natural of the exception is unknown. To troubleshoot this error, you can locate the mini exception dump file generated when this error occurs. Then open a Microsoft support case the analyze the cause of the crash.

There is a chance the exception you encounter is a bug that has been fixed, please try to install the latest CU of the SQL Server installation, see if the problem still occurs.

Update Center for Microsoft SQL Server

Regards,

Pirlo Zhang 

MSDN Community Support&lt;br/&gt; Please remember to click &amp;quot;Mark as Answer&amp;quot; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click &amp;quot;Unmark as Answer&amp;quot; if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact &lt;a href=&quot;mailto:MSDNFSF@microsoft.com&quot;&gt;MSDNFSF@microsoft.com&lt;/a&gt;.

Wednesday, November 21, 2018 2:30 AM
  • I already see the latest build Microsoft SQL Server 2012 (SP4-GDR) (KB4057116) - 11.0.7462.6 (X64)   Jan  5 2018 22:11:56   Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation  Enterprise Edition: Core-based Licensing (64-bit) on Windows NT 6.1 <X64> (Build 7601: Service Pack 1) (Hypervisor)
    Thursday, November 22, 2018 9:16 PM
  • It doesn't happen with the other queries.Only with one query so far.
    Thursday, November 22, 2018 9:17 PM