none
Error: The task with the name "Data Flow Task" and the creation name "DTS.Pipeline.1" is not registered for use on this computer

Question

•  

Hi,

I am trying to create a simple BI Application for SSIS. In Visual Studio 2005 I just get a Data Flow Task from the toolbar and add it to the project. When I double click it I get the following error:

The task with the name "Data Flow Task" and the creation name "DTS.Pipeline.1" is not registered for use on this computer.

Then when I try to delete it it gives this other error:

Cannot remove the specified item because it was not found in the specified Collection.

I am creating this application in an administrator account in this computer, so I doubt the problem is related to permissions. I am running SQL Server 2005 and Visual Studio 2005 in WinXP Tablet PC Edition.

Any suggestions why this is happening and how to fix it?

Thursday, May 4, 2006 3:56 PM

Answers

• I also ever experienced this problem. This problem occured probably, you use username and password to log on to your computer, so sql server need to verify the user who authorized to use the sql server service.. But sometimes sql server cannot  redirect to the account, so we need to configure the user.

Here's the step :
    1. open sql server configuration mangager
    2. choose sql server 2005 services
    3. right click sql server integration services, choose properties
    4. choose log on tab, select this account, enter your username and password which is used to log on your computer.
    5. reopen the business intelligence studio. There you are, the data flow task component can work properly again.

finally, i found out how to solve this problem...
    thanks to sulton..
    Monday, July 7, 2008 6:09 AM

All replies

• Not exactly sure why this is happening but as a first stab can you do a search on your machine and in your registry for "DTSPipeline.DLL". it should be in "%PROGRAMFILES%\Microsoft SQL Server\90\DTS\Binn\DTSPipeline.dll"

-Jamie

• Proposed as answer by Vineth Kumar Thursday, March 11, 2010 3:36 AM
    Thursday, May 4, 2006 4:03 PM
  •  

In the properties of the file DTSPipeline.dll for the Administrator account that I am using I have all the permissions checked, except for Special Permissions. For the SQLServer2005DTSUser$MyComputerName the permissions checked are 1.Read & Execute and 2.Read.

Thursday, May 4, 2006 4:35 PM
  • And the registry...?

-Jamie

Thursday, May 4, 2006 5:02 PM
  •  

I am not completely sure of where I am supposed to look for in the registry. Possible values you were asking me about:

\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DTS.Pipeline -> Permissions: Administrator- 1.Full Control 2.Read

\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DTS.Pipeline.1 ->  Permissions: Administrator- 1.Full Control 2.Read

\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\90\DTS -> Permissions: Administrator- 1.Full Control 2.Read     SQLServer2005UserType - 1.Read

Thursday, May 4, 2006 5:30 PM
  • run regedit

press CTRL-F

search for DTSPipeline.dll. You should have an entry in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID

-Jamie

Thursday, May 4, 2006 6:50 PM
  • Jaime, can you please let me know if the advise you were given was useful, or if you have solved the problems yourself - I'm experiencing exactly the same issues and I've checked all items that have been suggested and everything appears to be as it should be, but I'm still getting the error messages.

Please get back to me a.s.a.p.

David

Tuesday, May 9, 2006 1:48 PM
  • Hi all, I have the same problem and no sulution for it......hmmm
    Friday, May 19, 2006 8:39 AM
  • I too have seen this problem. I was using a trial version of Visual Studio with a trial version of SQL Server Enterprise Edition. When I converted to Visual Studio Professional Edition and SQL Server Developer Edition, I found this problem. However, the problem  disappeared after I installed the SQL Server 2005 SP1. Try it. It might work for you too. 

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 8:08 PM
  •  

Sorry for not answering before. At that time I wasn't able to figure out what was the source of the problem, so I had to reinstall the OS again.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006 11:41 PM
  • I had this error until I installed Sql Server Sp1.
    Tuesday, January 23, 2007 6:02 PM
  • I am using the trial version of SSIS and faced the same problem. Just installed SP1 for SQL Server and the problem dissappeared.
    Tuesday, March 13, 2007 11:34 AM
  • I also ever experienced this problem. This problem occured probably, you use username and password to log on to your computer, so sql server need to verify the user who authorized to use the sql server service.. But sometimes sql server cannot  redirect to the account, so we need to configure the user.

Here's the step :
    4. choose log on tab, select this account, enter your username and password which is used to log on your computer.
    5. reopen the business intelligence studio. There you are, the data flow task component can work properly again.

thanks to sulton..
    Monday, July 7, 2008 6:09 AM
  •  

eva --

That worked for me as well.  I am not sure why the security of the SSIS service fixes the problem in the IDE, but it did it.

Thanks for posting.

Tuesday, November 4, 2008 4:30 PM
  • Hi,
    I have exact same problem. only dataflow component is not working rest all the components are working.I really wonder same thing was working till today with buit-in network service in sql server configuration manager.Now i checked the above mentioned process also still it is not working.

please help me out form this issue
    Wednesday, September 2, 2009 1:57 PM
  • Hi elva jamiel

i want to say thanks to u ..

iam started to learn SSIS, my first  problem  i faced ""The task with the name "Data Flow Task" and the creation name "DTS.Pipeline.1" is not registered for use on this computer.""

and i followed ur steps NOW working fine , Thanks a lot
    Thursday, March 11, 2010 3:42 AM

Here's the step :

thanks to sulton..

Thanks Eva!!! Worked seamlessly!!! :)
    Regards, Sam Aaron
    Thursday, September 9, 2010 5:35 PM