none
Creating a csv file with single text item having length of 1125 characters RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to create a csv file which has only field and its length is 1125 characters. When the extract is saved in CSV after 1024 characters records automatically goes to second line.

Any reason why and how to fix this limitation?

Monday, October 21, 2019 8:02 PM

All replies

• Hi Haimanish,

It seems this is a limitation of the SSRS CSV render extension.  

However, if you insist to have this feature in SSRS itself,I suggest you submit the requirement at https://feedback.azure.com/forums/908035-sql-server.

If the requirement mentioned by customers for many times, the product team may consider to add this feature in the next SQL Server version. Your feedback is valuable for us to improve our products and increase the level of service provided.

Regards,

Lukas

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 5:54 AM
  • When excel extract converted to csv it displays first 1024 characters and then goes to new line without displaying rest of the value. It doesn't overcome the limitation.

• Edited by haimanish Tuesday, October 22, 2019 7:39 PM
    Tuesday, October 22, 2019 6:09 PM
  • Hi Haimanish,

After done some researching, this limitation is also exists in Excel, sorry for my first post. So it leaves out the only way is to export in excel file which can show the long string correctly.

Regards,
    Lukas

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 23, 2019 2:58 AM