ISDeploymentWizard switch RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

It is possible to generate a 'deploy summary' report when the ISDeploymentWizard is executed from command prompt?

ISDeploymentWizard /S /SP:foo.ispac /DS:myserver /DP:/ssisdb/test/test

Or at least to output to the console the results?

Daniel

Monday, July 30, 2012 12:42 PM

Answers

• I see this command line utility does not support any kind of redirect, besides, I could not do any verification on my end because I was not beside my computer, so sorry for forcing you doing this verification, anyways the answer would be you cannot do any kind of deployment report off this utility.

However, what I am thinking is you can still produce it if you would poll the SSISDB system tables to get the new objects [packages] vs old and thus be able capture whether the deployment went through successfully and produce some kind of report, and I understand it would require some additional efforts.

Arthur My Blog

• Marked as answer by DS19 Wednesday, August 1, 2012 6:45 AM
    Tuesday, July 31, 2012 3:01 PM

All replies

• There is no options for generating a report as such provided by the utility, besides these are the available once for your reference:

But if you'd add this extra redirect to file at the end of the command:

ISDeploymentWizard /S /SP:foo.ispac /DS:myserver /DP:/ssisdb/test/test > MyDeployementLog.txt

Then you'd get the execution logged into the file that you can parse or examine for major deployment issue(s).

Arthur My Blog

Monday, July 30, 2012 3:04 PM
  • But if you'd add this extra redirect to file at the end of the command:

ISDeploymentWizard /S /SP:foo.ispac /DS:myserver /DP:/ssisdb/test/test > MyDeployementLog.txt

Then you'd get the execution logged into the file that you can parse or examine for major deployment issue(s).

a

I have alreadey tried to redirect the output to a file but the fie has always size zero; basically is empty. Can you confirm that you get the execution logged into the file?

Daniel

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 7:15 AM
  • The /S switch needs to be removed (/S is the silent execution that you do not want)

Arthur My Blog

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 2:35 PM
  • Without the /S switch it will pop-up the GUI and the log file will have also zero size.

Daniel

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 2:55 PM
  • I see this command line utility does not support any kind of redirect, besides, I could not do any verification on my end because I was not beside my computer, so sorry for forcing you doing this verification, anyways the answer would be you cannot do any kind of deployment report off this utility.

However, what I am thinking is you can still produce it if you would poll the SSISDB system tables to get the new objects [packages] vs old and thus be able capture whether the deployment went through successfully and produce some kind of report, and I understand it would require some additional efforts.

Arthur My Blog

• Marked as answer by DS19 Wednesday, August 1, 2012 6:45 AM
    Tuesday, July 31, 2012 3:01 PM
  • I'll check the versions of the project to see if the last version matches the date/time of the deployment

Daniel

Wednesday, August 1, 2012 8:10 AM