Incorrect custom certificate on mysite.scm.azurewebsites.net RRS feed

• Question

• I've a strange problem: we have created a website and uploaded a custom SSL certificate. However, now the webdeploy publishing fails with some certificate error.

Upon looking closer I found that navigating to mysite.scm.azurewebsites.net yields a certificate error because the site is using the new custom SSL certificate instead of the default one issued to *.azurewebsites.net. What I can't understand is how it ended up using the custom certificate? All other websites we have, all of them using a custom SSL certificate, work fine and site.scm.azurewebsites.net always uses the default *.azurewebsites.net certificate.

Any ideas on how this happened and how I can have the scm.azurewebsites.net site use the default certificate?

Thanks!

Monday, November 3, 2014 5:37 PM

Answers

• Indeed, there is a known issue related to this. The good news is that there is an easy way to fix it:

• In the Azure portal, go to the Configuration tab for your site
    • Go to the SSL bindings section. The assumption is that you have a binding set to 'IP based SSL'
    • Change the binding to 'SNI SSL' and click Save
    • Change it back to 'IP based SSL' and Save again

You should no longer have this issue.

Monday, November 3, 2014 7:06 PM

All replies

• Indeed, there is a known issue related to this. The good news is that there is an easy way to fix it:

• In the Azure portal, go to the Configuration tab for your site
    • Go to the SSL bindings section. The assumption is that you have a binding set to 'IP based SSL'
    • Change the binding to 'SNI SSL' and click Save
    • Change it back to 'IP based SSL' and Save again

You should no longer have this issue.

Monday, November 3, 2014 7:06 PM
  • Thanks, it worked :)
    Tuesday, November 4, 2014 1:18 PM