SSMA for DB2 z/OS: Extended Data Migration Options and timeout RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

In SSMA (Sql Server Migration Assistant) for DB2, I'm not able to display the "Extended data migration options". I'm migrating data from a z/OS DB2, set the option to "Show" in the Project Setting, but when positioning myself on a DB2 table, no additional tab appears.

Basically I'd need it to migrate large tables in parts, as I always get a timeout after 90 minutes. I've already tried to increase the timeout and to lower the batch size without success.

Thanks!

Tuesday, June 7, 2016 8:45 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi ririon,

Firstly, do you run SQL Server Migration Assistant (SSMA) for DB2 on supported operating system? Also please note that SSMA for DB2 v6.0 is designed to support migration from DB2 on z/OS versions 9.0 and 10.0 to SQL Server.

Secondly, in Default Project Settings dialog of SSMA for DB2 v6.0, change the value of Extended Data Migration Option to Show in all kinds of Mode, then create a new project to migrate DB2 databases and check if Data Migration tab appears. If it appears, customize sql statement used during data migration to split migration of a large table into multiple iterations following the steps in this similar blog.

There is an article about project setting for your reference.
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn890641(v=sql.110).aspx

Thanks,
    Lydia Zhang

Lydia Zhang
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, June 8, 2016 7:29 AM
  • Thanks for your Answer, Lydia.

I'm running on a supported OS, but DB2 is V11, not 9 or 10.

I've tried setting the Extended Migration Option to Show for Default Project Settings, created a new one, but the tab still doesn't appear. I have the impression that SSMA is ignoring the settings I set in the General-Migration section of the Project Settings.

Thanks, Ralf

Wednesday, June 8, 2016 11:47 AM
  • Hi Ralf,

Regarding to the above issue, I recommend you contact with SSMA support team for further help: ssmahelp@microsoft.com.

Thanks,
    Lydia Zhang

Lydia Zhang
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, June 14, 2016 12:06 PM