Instalation error. RRS feed

• Question

• TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Setup
    ------------------------------

The following error has occurred:

An error occurred during the installation of assembly 'Microsoft.VC80.CRT,version="8.0.50727.4027",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",processorArchitecture="x86",type="win32"'. Please refer to Help and Support for more information. HRESULT: 0x8007054F. 

For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?LinkID=20476&ProdName=Microsoft+SQL+Server&EvtSrc=setup.rll&EvtID=50000&ProdVer=10.50.1600.1&EvtType=0xDF039760%25401201%25401

BUTTONS:

OK

No matter what i do, were i look I can not find a solution to this. It's been plaguing me for a good 3 days at this point. I would greatly appreciate any help.

I am installing using the SQLFULL_x64_ENU program. I have windows 7 ultimate. x64

Sunday, February 13, 2011 11:54 PM

Answers

• Hi Tristan,

From this error message, the SQL Server 2008 R2 installation failed due to the assembly Microsoft.VC80.CRT, the reason could be it is missing or the version is not matched.

The assembly Microsoft.VC80.CRT mentioned in this error message is belong to Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86), to solve this issue, I would like to suggest you try to download the above package ( vcredist_x86.exe) from the below link and install it on your server, then try to install SQL Server once again.

If this issue still exists, just as Suhas suggested, please post the error log summary.txt or the detailed error log mentioned in summary.txt. By default, these logs located at C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Setup Bootstrap\Log.

Download site:

Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)

If there are any progress, please feel free to let me know.

Thanks,
    Weilin Qiao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by WeiLin Qiao Monday, February 21, 2011 1:15 PM
    Wednesday, February 16, 2011 8:12 AM

All replies

• i'm in the exact same boat. if u find a solution, pls email me. it'll greatly be appreciated. thank u in advance.
    Monday, February 14, 2011 3:11 AM
  • Can you post the error log details ? The information provided is not enough to find the root cause ...

-------------------
    Thanks,Suhas V

Monday, February 14, 2011 4:06 AM
  • Hi Tristan,

From this error message, the SQL Server 2008 R2 installation failed due to the assembly Microsoft.VC80.CRT, the reason could be it is missing or the version is not matched.

The assembly Microsoft.VC80.CRT mentioned in this error message is belong to Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86), to solve this issue, I would like to suggest you try to download the above package ( vcredist_x86.exe) from the below link and install it on your server, then try to install SQL Server once again.

If this issue still exists, just as Suhas suggested, please post the error log summary.txt or the detailed error log mentioned in summary.txt. By default, these logs located at C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Setup Bootstrap\Log.

Download site:

Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)

If there are any progress, please feel free to let me know.

Thanks,
    Weilin Qiao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by WeiLin Qiao Monday, February 21, 2011 1:15 PM
    Wednesday, February 16, 2011 8:12 AM