none
will i get all the ssas incremental ssis toolbox components i need in std edition RRS feed

• Question

• Hi we run std edition 2017.  I don't see the incremental cube processing components I used to see years ago in the ssis toolbox.  we want  to prototype a tabular cube and want to make sure we pick the right sql edition for incremental updating.  i'm using vs 2017.
    Monday, September 16, 2019 6:48 PM

Answers

All replies

• H db042190,

You can easily process SSAS Tabular cubes.

Check it out here: How to automate SSAS tabular model processing in SQL Server 2016

For the reference: Integration Services features supported by the editions of SQL Server
    • Edited by Yitzhak Khabinsky Monday, September 16, 2019 7:53 PM
    • Marked as answer by db042190 Tuesday, September 17, 2019 12:35 PM
    Monday, September 16, 2019 7:11 PM
  • Hi db042190,

Thanks for your question.

What are incremental cube processing components? Could you please make a more detailed description about them? Especially the detailed usage of their feature?

Best Regards,

Will

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 3:05 AM
  • thx, this post was originally in the ssis forum where I think it should have remained. Can someone pls move it back?

Years ago I used to see about two or three items in the ssis toolbox that were geared toward incrementally processing ssas cubes and doing other cube maintenance.  In those days there was only multi dimensional.  I have my sights on tabular this time. 

We run vs 2017.  I don't know if what i'm looking for is more a function of std vs enterprise ssis or a data tools nuance.  but at first glance in the toolbox I didn't see much if anything having to do with ssas.

• Edited by db042190 Tuesday, September 17, 2019 11:25 AM spelling
    Tuesday, September 17, 2019 11:23 AM
  • I do see an AS processing task. And an AS exec DDL task.  The latter is definitely referenced in Yitzhak's first link.  I'm going to look deeper at the AS processing task to see if it can understand an incremental update to tabular. 
    Tuesday, September 17, 2019 11:40 AM
  • yes, it looks like the processing task is going to allow different processing options whose net effect is incremental.
    Tuesday, September 17, 2019 11:54 AM
  • Just to be clear.

There is only a single SSIS development environment.  Some of the tools in the SSIS toolbox are targeted for specific EDITION of SQL Server Database Engine.  But the SSIS Toolbox includes all options for developing on all editions.

• Marked as answer by db042190 Tuesday, September 17, 2019 12:35 PM
    Tuesday, September 17, 2019 12:15 PM