none
Transaction log shipping doenst work with 2 secondary servers RRS feed

• Question

• Goodmorning,

Im experimenting with log shipping and during this experimenting we've created some possible disaster scenario's.
    We can create log shipping to work fine but when we want to add an other server with a backup database we get troubles.

I've read some threads about this problem but not an correct answer.

I've started with a log shipping configuration to 1 secondary server, that one worked fine. The i added another secondary server to the current log shipping configuration, but that didnt work. So i read that i have to delete the complete configuration and start again. So i deleted on all server the jobs and on the secondary servers the databases.

1. From there on i start with a full backup of the database on the primary server.
    2. Then i copied that .bak file to the two secondary servers
    3. I restored the database on both servers with the option RESTORE WITH STANDBY
    4. Then i created the log shipping configuration

So now everything is ready and the backup and copy job are working fine.
    The error starts in the restore job, and after a few minutes the Standby database is automatically changed to a normal database . When i want to see the properties of this database i get the error: Database "Insertdatabasename" cannot be openend. It is in the middle of a restore.

The other secondary server is still in standby mode but the restore job gives errors:
    Error: Could not delete log backup files (Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.LogShipping) Error: The network name cannot be found (mscorlib)

What do i have to do to enable log shipping on 2 secondary server?

Thursday, March 24, 2011 12:24 PM

All replies