none
Saving Image File in a Folder on Sever from Client Machine using Sql Server

Question

•  

Hi EveryOne...

Can anyone help me Saving an Image file in a Server folder from a client machine using Sql server 2005.... 

Wednesday, August 25, 2010 11:45 AM

Answers

• Yes ,You are Right Tejas, But that will make my Dbase Bulky.....

It's a Window Application....

Hi,

In this case, I think we can store the images in a specific folder and store the file paths in SQL Server.

Please refer to the following link to save and display images in a Windows application:

http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/UploadFile/mirfan00/1693/Default.aspx 

FILESTREAM is a feature of SQL Server 2008. As you are working with SQL Server 2005, we cannot use it in your case.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Proposed as answer by Kalman TothModerator Wednesday, September 08, 2010 10:09 AM
    • Marked as answer by KJian_ Wednesday, September 22, 2010 1:15 AM
    Wednesday, September 01, 2010 6:41 AM

All replies

• Check out the following linksfor exporting/importing images in database:

http://www.sqlusa.com/bestpractices/imageimportexport/

You can also use SSIS Import Column and Export Column Transformations.

Kalman Toth, SQL Server & Business Intelligence Training; SQL 2008 GRAND SLAM
    • Proposed as answer by Naomi NModerator Thursday, August 26, 2010 1:15 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by WolverineV9 Thursday, August 26, 2010 11:07 AM
    Wednesday, August 25, 2010 11:53 AM
  • Dat Doesn't solve my problem...:(
    Thursday, August 26, 2010 11:06 AM
  • Can you give more information? Thanks.
    Thursday, August 26, 2010 11:14 AM
  • Hi,

SQL SERVER provides a Data Type to save image data and by programming you can convert this data to image. There is no need to upload file on server if you are using this method.

If you need to upload file and save path to SQL SERVER, then you need to give path of that folder and make sure to give permission to IIS user has full permission to access this folder. You need to write that code in your application.

Thanks,

Tejas Shah
    SQL YOGA
    Thursday, August 26, 2010 11:24 AM
  • Yeah Sure,

I Have a Window Form Which take Primary Information Of a Person with His Image ,I am Saving all My Primary Data in a Database Reside on a Server M/C except  Image ,because I am saving Only Image Path in database and Image on Server Disk...

but i dont know how to do this....also i want to fetch that Image

will FILESTREAM work...if Yes then How???

Thursday, August 26, 2010 11:27 AM
  • Hi,

Its better to save image into DB. so you can use it in any application

are you using desktop application or Web application?

If you are using web application, then you can use browse control and upload file to server, just google it (upload file using web application)

If you are using desktop application, then its better to save image.

It will save image data in binary format, so you can convert it easily

Thanks,

Tejas Shah
    SQL YOGA
    Thursday, August 26, 2010 11:34 AM

Thursday, August 26, 2010 11:40 AM

Hi,

In this case, I think we can store the images in a specific folder and store the file paths in SQL Server.

Please refer to the following link to save and display images in a Windows application:

http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/UploadFile/mirfan00/1693/Default.aspx 

FILESTREAM is a feature of SQL Server 2008. As you are working with SQL Server 2005, we cannot use it in your case.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Proposed as answer by Kalman TothModerator Wednesday, September 08, 2010 10:09 AM
    • Marked as answer by KJian_ Wednesday, September 22, 2010 1:15 AM
    Wednesday, September 01, 2010 6:41 AM
  • Any progress?
    Wednesday, September 08, 2010 10:09 AM