none
Table hidden in SSAS model visible in Excel 2016 Pivot Table RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have hidden a table(Hide from Client Tools) in Visual Studio for a SSAS Tabular Model. The table is not visible in SQL Server Management Studio-> Browse Cube, whereas the table is visible in Excel Pivot Table Fields-> Show Fields.

Has anyone faced this issue and resolved it? 

Wednesday, September 6, 2017 7:55 AM

All replies

• Hi Afzal,

Thanks for your question.

I can reproduce this issue as you said.

I have hidden the DimCustomer and DimDate table for my SSAS tabular model, and these two table still appear in the PivotTable feild list.

Here is my understanding, when we are hiding the tables, we can hide the columns on these tables, but we can not hide the relationship for these tables, that's why the table name will appear in the PivotTable field list. When i click on DimCustomer table, the related table DimGeography and DimSalesTerritory will appear.

For this issue,I would recommend to submit it to the Microsoft Connect at this link https://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/Feedback. This connect site will serve as a connecting point between you and Microsoft, and ultimately the large community for you and Microsoft to interact with. Your feedback enables Microsoft to offer the best software and deliver superior services, meanwhile you can learn more about and contribute to the exciting projects on Microsoft Connect.

Best Regards
    Willson Yuan
    MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Wednesday, September 6, 2017 9:54 AM
  • Hi Wilson,

The table I am hiding is not having any relationship to the other tables in the model. It is a stand alone table. Even then it is visible in the Excel Pivot Table.

Thanks

Afzal

Wednesday, September 6, 2017 10:16 AM
  • Hi Afzal,

Thanks for your response.

For this issue,I would recommend to submit it to the Microsoft Connect at this link https://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/Feedback.  Please share the url here, so that we can vote for this issue.

Best Regards
    Willson Yuan
    MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, September 7, 2017 8:22 AM
  • Hi.

I reported this to new MS feedback portal:

https://feedback.azure.com/forums/908035-sql-server/suggestions/33147148-tabular-excel-hide

Wednesday, January 31, 2018 8:42 AM
  • In case someone else is in a similar situation and comes across this old thread - I worked around this by hiding all columns in the table from client tools. It made the table disappear from the field list for associated Pivot Tables in Excel. Not the cleanest solution but it seems to work.
    Monday, August 20, 2018 6:37 PM