none
SSRS 2008: Failed to unload app domain DefaultDomain. Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131015 RRS feed

  • Question

  • I have a SQL Server Reporting Services 2008 giving this error in Event Viewer.

    Failed to unload app domain DefaultDomain. The following exception occurred: Error while unloading appdomain. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131015).
    Tuesday, June 9, 2009 9:53 PM

All replies

  • Hi edgarsanchez40,

    Please could you give some more info regarding your current enviroment setup?

    I am getting that exact same error in Event Viewer. So I can only assume that you have the same or similar setup as I do. I currently have RS 2008 deployed to two servers and the Catalog DB on one clustered instance of SQL 2005. When I have the two web servers configured to point to the one DB then I get these errors and my domain users keep getting prompted for their password, but if I remove the one RS server from the DB (Scale-out Deployment (new to 2008)) then I don't get these errors and all my domain users can authenticate to the RS server...

    I am also looking for a fix for this error....
    Friday, July 17, 2009 6:52 PM
  • Hi everyone,

    I don't have exactly the same environment, but have that same error in Event Viewer.
    My report server is deployed on one single server (web server and catalog DB on the same place). There is no cluster.
    What happens then is that i'm not allowed to set any parameter throught the web server : 
    trying to modify the properties of a datasource, the system reply that "HRESULT : 0x80131015" message and refused my last changes.

    Does anybody have encounter something similar ? How can I investigate further ?

    Thank's
    Monday, August 24, 2009 3:38 PM
  • I'm having this issue as well.  Any resolution from anyone?
    Saturday, September 12, 2009 7:10 PM
  • We're having the same issue as well.  Anybody able to resolve this yet?

    Failed to unload app domain DefaultDomain. The following exception occurred: Error while unloading appdomain. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131015). is found in event logs, typically following a "SQL Reporting Services Restart"

    Thursday, September 24, 2009 2:09 PM
  • same here.  sql server 2008 x86. windows server 2008 x86 dynamics ax 2009. anyone managed to solve this ?
    Thursday, October 22, 2009 12:08 PM
  • I am also running into this problem to with SQL SERVER 2008 R2 with CU1....

    Windows 2008 x64 server

    • Proposed as answer by raoullux Tuesday, September 7, 2010 10:09 AM
    Friday, June 25, 2010 3:07 PM
  • i apologize - I don't remember  how we fixed it...

    we have ssrs 2008 SP1 + CU4.  hope that helps. 

    Friday, June 25, 2010 4:14 PM
  • Sorry, I wanted to give an answer: Uninstall CU1. This seems to be a problem that was (re)introduced with CU1. We had the same then uninstalled CU1 for the Reporting Services part and the problem went away.
    Tuesday, September 7, 2010 10:11 AM
  • I am also facing the same issue. I have Windows Server 2008 R2 and SSRS  2008 R2.  

    Failed to unload app domain DefaultDomain. The following exception occurred: Error while unloading appdomain. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131015).

    Can anybody tell me how the issue was resolved?

     

    Friday, October 15, 2010 2:48 AM
  • Please tell me what part of Jessica's blog addresses thsi error or error condition ?

    Perhaps I am missing the obvious.  Thanks,

    Monday, June 27, 2011 8:28 PM
  • I had the same issue and I fixed by configuring premissions on my SSRS database. More specifically, I added the (BUILTIN\Administrators) to my "ReportServer" DB and gave is sysadmin permissions. Also, rebooted my SQL server, because initially I couldn't even access my SSRS DB as they were locked by something, which I believe was .NET 4.0 that was installed after SSRS was already installed the server.

    So to sum up here are the steps you can follow:

    1. Check to make sure you can access SSRS DBs (Properties) if you can't reboot your SQL server
    2. Check SSRS DB permissions and add necessory accounts (i.e. is you are installing SSRS with SCOM make sure the Reader account has access to this DB)


    MA

    • Proposed as answer by wilko2000 Thursday, November 15, 2012 2:14 PM
    Thursday, June 21, 2012 2:39 PM