none
SSRS 2016 Mobile Reports / Passing Parameters via URL RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I know that this topic might have been discussed before as in the below link which indicates that this feature does not currently exist in SSRS 2016 Mobile Reports:

How to pass a parameter to ssrs 2016 mobile reports

Also, I want to make sure that the below feature is only valid for Paginated Reports and not for Mobile Reports:

URL Access (SSRS)

The reason for that, is that we have a project that depends on passing parameters to a report through URL, so the whole project depends on the availability  of this feature. So, if this feature does not officially exist in SSRS 2016 Mobile Reports, then I have to return back with this official statement from Microsoft to management in my organization in order to take the appropriate decision regarding this project...

Please advise... 

Luai7

Wednesday, August 17, 2016 10:01 AM

Answers

• Hi luai7,

According to your description, you want to know if the URL Access feature only valid for Paginated Reports and not for Mobile Reports. Right?

In your scenario, first you should know that the URL Access feature only supports on Report Server URL. However, in current Reporting Service 2016, when we want to visit Mobile Reports on Report Server URL. We will get following error message.

You can see that we cannot run Mobile Reports on Report Server currently. Thus the URL Access feature cannot be used in Mobile Reports.

If you still have any questions, please feel free to ask.
    Thanks,
    Xi Jin.

• Marked as answer by luai7 Thursday, August 18, 2016 8:22 AM
    Thursday, August 18, 2016 2:37 AM

All replies

• Hi luai7,

According to your description, you want to know if the URL Access feature only valid for Paginated Reports and not for Mobile Reports. Right?

In your scenario, first you should know that the URL Access feature only supports on Report Server URL. However, in current Reporting Service 2016, when we want to visit Mobile Reports on Report Server URL. We will get following error message.

You can see that we cannot run Mobile Reports on Report Server currently. Thus the URL Access feature cannot be used in Mobile Reports.

If you still have any questions, please feel free to ask.
    Thanks,
    Xi Jin.

• Marked as answer by luai7 Thursday, August 18, 2016 8:22 AM
    Thursday, August 18, 2016 2:37 AM
  • Thanks Xi Jin.

Luai7

Thursday, August 18, 2016 8:22 AM
  • Hi there,

If your Shared Dataset has a Parameter option (Load on Demand) you can pass in the value you would like to assign using the querystring like this:

1 - Get the name of the Data Set as labelled in MRP (example TimeChartLoD)

2 - Add the querystring parameter for your value (example the parameter is called category -- TimeChartLoD.category=Clothing)

Hope this helps.

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 4:11 PM