none
Report Server Windows Service (MSSQLSERVER) cannot connect to the report server database (2012) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everyone,

After doing a in-place upgrade from 2008 to 2012 ever thing is working fine--Except some reporting issues.

I notice this error and did a restart of the service. It seems to be staying up.

So after this upgrade what might cause this and how can I fix it.

Thanks for all of your input.

Jim Hedge

Tuesday, January 21, 2020 4:01 AM

Answers

• Hi Jim,

Check the database tab in Reporting Service configuration manager, check if the rs has use the correct database which should be in the new 2012 database server.

Else, you could share us the error message or screenshot so we could understand the error better.

Regards,

Lukas

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by jhedge Tuesday, January 21, 2020 7:24 PM
    Tuesday, January 21, 2020 7:14 AM

All replies

• Hi Jim,

Check the database tab in Reporting Service configuration manager, check if the rs has use the correct database which should be in the new 2012 database server.

Else, you could share us the error message or screenshot so we could understand the error better.

Regards,

Lukas

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by jhedge Tuesday, January 21, 2020 7:24 PM
    Tuesday, January 21, 2020 7:14 AM
  • Lukas,

I don't think at this time Reporting Service error is a issue.

Thanks so much for your help.

Jim

Jim Hedge

Tuesday, January 21, 2020 7:25 PM