none
SSRS Tooltip value in french RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I want to display french rupees in tool-tip whether the report language is other than French. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Manisha Chauhan

Thursday, August 22, 2019 12:14 PM

All replies

• French rupees?? Sorry, your requirements are not clear for me, may can you explaind it more details and give us an example, please?

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

Thursday, August 22, 2019 12:48 PM
  • Sorry its French Currency.

Manisha Chauhan

Thursday, August 22, 2019 12:58 PM
  • Hi Manisha

If you will format for currency in SSRS than you might have to change language as symbol of currency depends on default language. Also, tool tip does not allow to add image.

A way around to this is you can save the currency image in database and retrieve it in your data set. When you assign the tool tip, you can concatenate the currency image field and value you want to show.

Thanks !

Inderjeet

Thursday, August 22, 2019 1:39 PM
  • Hi Manisha,

I think you could directly set sting values, "French Rupee" or other symple, in the tool-tip settings for your textbox/chart/else.

Such as :

Hope this helps.

Lukas

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 23, 2019 5:57 AM
  • Hi,

I have created Bar chart in which i have passed Report Language 'en-us' the amount on tooltip is showing in 'en-us' currency format (i.e, 83376425.49)

And after passing reportLanguage as 'fr-CD' , the amount on tooltip is showing in ''fr-CD' currency format (i.e, 83376425,49) which is not correct and it should be display like this (8 337 642 549,00)

My concern is whenever i pass any report language( i.e., 'en-us' or 'fr-CD') it should display only French currency in tooltip. Is it possible?

I have tried FORMATCURRENCY Function but the problem remains the same.. 

Manisha Chauhan

Thursday, October 10, 2019 11:06 AM
  • I think you could try to write expression in it? Tooltip allows us to have parameter in it.

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 16, 2019 9:25 AM
  • Hi,

I have already tried below formula

IIF(Parameters!reportLang.Value = "fr-CD", Format(Sum(Fields!GrossAmount.Value) ,"#,0.00 CFA"), Format(Sum(Fields!GrossAmount.Value) ,"#,0.00"))

Here I am getting correct french format while passing "fr-CD". But when i pass "en-us" then i am getting dollar format instead of dollar format curreny i want to display french format only.

How can i modify my formula so will get the result i want. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Manisha Chauhan

Thursday, October 17, 2019 6:10 AM