none
SQL Server cannot create the mirroring endpoint, 'Mirroring' RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello All,

When i start configuring database mirroring on the principle server, Finally it show the error msg like this

SQL Server cannot create the mirroring endpoint, 'Mirroring'.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Create failed for Endpoint 'Mirroring'.  (Microsoft.SqlServer.Smo)

For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdName=Microsoft+SQL+Server&ProdVer=9.00.1399.00&EvtSrc=Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Smo.ExceptionTemplates.FailedOperationExceptionText&EvtID=Create+Endpoint&LinkId=20476

An exception occurred while executing a Transact-SQL statement or batch. (Microsoft.SqlServer.ConnectionInfo)

Database mirroring is disabled by default. Database mirroring is currently provided for evaluation purposes only and is not to be used in production environments. To enable database mirroring for evaluation purposes, use trace flag 1400 during startup. For more information about trace flags and startup options, see SQL Server Books Online. (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 1498)

For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdName=Microsoft+SQL+Server&ProdVer=09.00.1399&EvtSrc=MSSQLServer&EvtID=1498&LinkId=20476

Regards,
    RM Thirunavukkarasu,
    http://thiruna.blog.com
    Tuesday, December 22, 2009 6:46 AM

All replies

•  SQL Server 2005 was first released for general availability, database mirroring was available only for evaluation purposes and had to be enabled via trace flag 1400. With SQL Server 2005 SP1, database mirroring became completely supported as a general feature, with no restrictions.

if guess you are having RTM version on mirror server if so  than mirroring is disabled for sql server 2005 ! To enable use trace flag 1400 . 

SELECT SERVERPROPERTY('productversion'), SERVERPROPERTY ('productlevel'),
    SERVERPROPERTY ('edition') 

-----------------------
    Thanks,Suhas V 

Tuesday, December 22, 2009 7:05 AM
  • Hello Suhas!

I already enable the trace flag 1400 but it still arise the same problem. More over my product level is RTM and edition is Developer Edition and version is 9.00.1399.06

Thanks

regards
    RM Thirunavukkarasu
    http://thiruna.blog.com
    Tuesday, December 22, 2009 7:16 AM
  • Have you restarted sql services after setting up the trace flag ?? make sure that both prinicipal and mirror are haveing same versions ! 

-------------
    Thanks,Suhas V 
    Tuesday, December 22, 2009 9:17 AM
  • Ya Everything is same.

Thanks for the reply i restart it and even it arise same error.

But i try it using the SQL Server Configure Manager in which change the parameter with ;t1400

Thanks
    Tuesday, December 22, 2009 9:59 AM
  • Can you please cross check it once again ! i am cent percent sure this issue is with not enabling the trace flag 1400 either on mirror or principal 

Goto RUN –> Type sqlservermanager.msc
    Right click on SQL Server(instancename) service and click on properties
    Click on Advanced tab
    In the startup parameters enter this ;-T1400 and click on OK
    Restart SQLservices and then try configuring db mirroring 

(Or) NET START MSSQLSERVER/T1400

Please let me know the O\P of DBCC tracestatus command on both principal and mirror server 
    ----------------
    Thanks,Suhas V
    Tuesday, December 22, 2009 5:19 PM
  • Enable trace 1400 on both principal and mirror instance and then start the SQL server .
    RTM version will not support mirroring without this trace flag else update SP3 for both your instances.

Thanks, Leks
    Tuesday, December 22, 2009 5:47 PM
    Answerer
  • Enable trace -T1400 on both the Principal and Mirror server and restart SQL services. Else try with Service Pack 2 on your server. Once server is restarted check whether the Trace has been set correctly by clicking properties of SQL instance in SQL services.

Friday, July 30, 2010 1:55 PM