none
Connection not specified. A connection is required to perform operation in SSIS 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

I have some modification in existing dtsx. when i am adding new Execute SQL task container with sql query. Query is not executed, it simply throws an error like "Connection not specified. A connection is required to perform operation". I gave password and Re-connected again, but still issue not resolved. when I am executing previous task container, it runs perfectly and also can't modify the query in existing Execute SQL task container it throws same error which I mentioned above. Please anyone guide me how to resolve this issue. I am waiting for your valuable comments. Thanks

• Edited by Guru SQL Monday, December 4, 2017 1:42 AM
    Monday, December 4, 2017 1:39 AM

All replies

• Have you created a connection manager and associated it within the Execute SQL task?
    Monday, December 4, 2017 2:28 AM
  • Already Connection managers are there. I have just used that one, but I didn't try to create new connection manager
    Monday, December 4, 2017 3:03 AM
  • How have you used it? The error is stating you haven't associated the connection manager to the task
    Monday, December 4, 2017 3:24 AM
  • Already in that dtsx has 4 different task. when I run that tasks it runs perfectly without any error. when i am including new task,(i.e)5th task or modifying existing query from existing tasks, its not allowing me to go for further steps. it throws an error. 

For Example:

In that previous task  has---> select max(date) dte  from table1--- it runs perfectly

Now i am modifying the query as "select max(date) dte  from table1 where name ='guru'" instead of "select max(date) dte  from table1". when i clicked ok on existing execute sql task it throws an error.

• Edited by Guru SQL Monday, December 4, 2017 3:35 AM
    Monday, December 4, 2017 3:34 AM
  • how save password and connection refer following link

http://zarez.net/?p=155

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/37872.sql-server-installation-on-centos-linux.aspx

Monday, December 4, 2017 5:01 AM
  • Was the package created by you? What is the protection level used in it/ Assuming its default which is EncryptSensitiveByUserKey you wont be able to access the connection details when you open the package as it would be encrypted using the creators UserKey. Can you try editing the connection manager manually and setting it to point to your server and db and then executing the package?

Please Mark This As Answer if it solved your issue
    Please Vote This As Helpful if it helps to solve your issue
    Visakh
    ----------------------------
    My Wiki User Page
    My MSDN Page
    My Personal Blog
    My Facebook Page

Monday, December 4, 2017 5:07 AM
  • Already in that dtsx has 4 different task. when I run that tasks it runs perfectly without any error. when i am including new task,(i.e)5th task or modifying existing query from existing tasks, its not allowing me to go for further steps. it throws an error. 

For Example:

In that previous task  has---> select max(date) dte  from table1--- it runs perfectly

Now i am modifying the query as "select max(date) dte  from table1 where name ='guru'" instead of "select max(date) dte  from table1". when i clicked ok on existing execute sql task it throws an error.

So this is an error showing in the designer? Or are you trying to run the task and it throws a runtime error?

Post *all* error messages received

Tuesday, December 5, 2017 7:18 PM