none
executing SSIS package using sql agent RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

I am trying to run a ssis package using sql agent with a proxy account. I used special windows account to create credentials. This is windows account is global domain account global\abcd-p. This account is used to run windows scheduler on the server, but it doesn't have remote login permission.  

When I tried run this job I am got the following error:

Job setp1 failed.. This account the doesn't have permission to login remotely.

How can i rectify this ???.. (except granting the remote login permission to global account.. not possible because of security issues. )

Sunday, April 14, 2013 9:00 AM

Answers

• The account you are using should have permissions on the folder from where you are trying to read the package. Check that first.

use the package error logging to check exactly where the the issue is.

• Marked as answer by Eileen Zhao Monday, April 22, 2013 6:22 AM
    Monday, April 15, 2013 12:04 AM

All replies

• Hi ,

I am trying to run a ssis package using sql agent with a proxy account. I used special windows account to create credentials. This is windows account is global domain account global\abcd-p. This account is used to run windows scheduler on the server, but it doesn't have remote login permission.  

When I tried run this job I am got the following error:

Job setp1 failed.. This account the doesn't have permission to login remotely.

How can i rectify this ???.. (except granting the remote login permission to global account.. not possible because of security issues. )

• Edited by Sri 014 Sunday, April 14, 2013 8:56 AM
    • Merged by Allen Li - MSFT Monday, April 15, 2013 2:19 AM Same question
    Sunday, April 14, 2013 4:30 AM
  • Use a different account?

Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarskog.se
    Sunday, April 14, 2013 9:01 AM
  • Is it also generating the same error when executing a very basic(empty) package?

Please mark the post as answered if it answers your question | My SSIS Blog: http://microsoft-ssis.blogspot.com | Twitter

Sunday, April 14, 2013 9:06 AM
  • Hi Erland,

Thanks for you reply.. but we have a limitation... None of th accounts have the access to production server 24x7. We can get only two or three hours of access when required. Our only way is to use this global account.

What i exactly want to know is .. Why it is asking for remote login permission when the sql sever is running on the same server..

If you can shed some light on how the CREDENTIALS will be used to authenticate.. that would be very helpful

Thanks

Sunday, April 14, 2013 9:14 AM
  • yes .. it is giving the same error for empty package also..
    Sunday, April 14, 2013 9:17 AM
  • Is this a cluster? If the job tries to connect to the cluster resource, I can guess that counts as a remote connection.

Sunday, April 14, 2013 9:30 AM
  • It is not a cluster. SSIS package was stored in File system and Both sql server database and SSIS package are present on the same server.

I am running a stored procedure from asp page to create a job and execute.  Job is getting created successfully but while executing it is throwing the above error.

Sunday, April 14, 2013 9:41 AM
  • And what does the SSIS package do?

Sunday, April 14, 2013 11:38 AM
  • The account you are using should have permissions on the folder from where you are trying to read the package. Check that first.

use the package error logging to check exactly where the the issue is.

• Marked as answer by Eileen Zhao Monday, April 22, 2013 6:22 AM
    Monday, April 15, 2013 12:04 AM