SQL Server 2012 Installation Error RRS feed

• Question

• I have down SQL Server 2012 trial version. While trying to install I am getting the following error.

Any idea why?

• Moved by Tom Phillips Monday, April 16, 2012 2:21 PM Setup Question (From:SQL Server Database Engine)
    Sunday, April 15, 2012 11:42 PM

Answers

• did you extract the installation files from the .ISO image using WinZip?

you need to use WinRAR to extract the files from .ISO image as WinZip does not extract all files correctly.

have copied the extract files to a network share? please try to copy the files to local drive and install from there.

If it still fails, you may try to disable antivirus software as they may be some other source for problems with installation of SQL Server. Check the .ISO image first with a antivirus to be sure that the image is not manipulated.

If the installation fails after the above check , please post the installation log as it contains more information about the failure.
    • Edited by Daniel_Steiner Monday, April 16, 2012 7:19 AM
    • Marked as answer by Iric Wen Tuesday, April 24, 2012 7:08 AM
    Monday, April 16, 2012 7:18 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Use this link http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/pl-PL/FSENext/thread/4ef152d2-1605-413b-bb37-30e0b5302d88  . i hope it will help you

Please click "Propose As Answer" if a post solves your problem, or "Vote As Helpful" if a post has been useful to you

Monday, April 16, 2012 7:12 AM
  • did you extract the installation files from the .ISO image using WinZip?

you need to use WinRAR to extract the files from .ISO image as WinZip does not extract all files correctly.

have copied the extract files to a network share? please try to copy the files to local drive and install from there.

If it still fails, you may try to disable antivirus software as they may be some other source for problems with installation of SQL Server. Check the .ISO image first with a antivirus to be sure that the image is not manipulated.

If the installation fails after the above check , please post the installation log as it contains more information about the failure.
    • Edited by Daniel_Steiner Monday, April 16, 2012 7:19 AM
    • Marked as answer by Iric Wen Tuesday, April 24, 2012 7:08 AM
    Monday, April 16, 2012 7:18 AM
  • Daniel 

WINRAR could problematic as well, I see this problem a lot. I use MagicISO third party software to extract the installation, works perfect....

Best Regards, Uri Dimant SQL Server MVP http://dimantdatabasesolutions.blogspot.com/ http://sqlblog.com/blogs/uri_dimant/

• Proposed as answer by Iric Wen Tuesday, April 24, 2012 7:08 AM
    Monday, April 16, 2012 7:26 AM
  • Hi,

I agree with Uri Dimant I too had faced issues while extracting file from .ISO image using WINRAR. I was able to extract the .ISO files using MagicISO. Also make sure the SQL Server Setup files are copied to a local drive before installing SQL Server 2012. Read Install SQL Server 2012 on Windows Server 2008 R2 for detailed steps.

Cheers,
    Ashish

Please click the Mark as Answer button if a post solves your problem and Vote as Helpful if a Post is Helpful!

Monday, April 16, 2012 8:38 AM