none
Table group footer at bottom of page: possible? RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have a report (bills of lading for shipments) that uses a table to organize the data coming in and groups by customer.  Each customer grouping has a header, body and footer in the table.  A print run might generate 100 bills of lading, each between 1 and 4 pages long. 

I have marked the group to force a new page when each new group occurs.

As it is the report runs beautifully EXCEPT that the footer prints wherever it happens to end up -- midway down the final page of the bill and looks quite goofy. 

What I really need (and my client is really surprised that SSRS won't me) is to print the group footer at the bottom of the final page of each bill of lading. 

Bills of lading may be several pages per customer, so until the group footer is hit, I don't want any footer info at all.  As I said, it all works fine except for the final page of each bill, where the group footer occurs whereever it has ended up.

Jim

12/4/07

This post didn't get much of a response.  So perhaps I should amend it -- If what I am trying to do is impossible, what would be the preferred way?

Thursday, November 29, 2007 8:11 PM

Answers

• The answer is no, you cannot force a group footer to be at the bottom of the page.

BobP

Wednesday, December 5, 2007 4:26 PM

All replies

• Any suggestions?

Tuesday, December 4, 2007 7:42 PM
  •  

Not hearing any response, I assume the answer to my question is "NO" -- you can't position table group footers at the bottom of the page when you set your group to make page breaks with each new group.

That being the case, I will migrate my project to a development environment that is more "ready for prime time"

Wednesday, December 5, 2007 4:10 PM
  • The answer is no, you cannot force a group footer to be at the bottom of the page.

BobP

Wednesday, December 5, 2007 4:26 PM
  • go to menu item Report, select Page Footer, to create a new report section footer.  "Page Footer" should appear in your Layout window. 

Put a textbox in the Page Footer section; for the text box expression, put whatever value you want to appear.  You can not show dyanmic data from your query directly in the footer; you have to use this workaround.  If you want specific data items from the report query, you need to use ReportItems!textboxN.value (whatever textbox value) from the report you want to show up in the footer.  If you don't have a textbox in the body of the report that shows the data you want in the footer, then create such a textbox in the body and set its visibility to hidden. 

in the report format properties indicate that you want the report footer to appear on the first and last pages

Friday, October 24, 2008 4:05 PM