none
Could not connect dataset to the deployed report in report server(sharepoint site) RRS feed

• Question

• HI All,\ I have successfully build a ssrs report in visual studio 2008. i also have deployed the report to the sharepoint site(report server). But when run the report, the result is not displayed what it was displaying in the visual studio 2008(run mode). When i checked the the report in the report server, to manage shared datset, it shows that there is no dataset for this report. I have uploaded the data source , datsets, and report in the respective folders in the report server. kindly please advise how to do the connection accordingly in the report server so that this 3 files are interconnected one and each other. please help. any assistance are much appreciated..
    veethia
    Tuesday, December 6, 2011 12:25 PM

Answers

• Thanks for the reply. Click on the inverted triangle to the right of the report name, one menu will be displayed. Select Manage Data Source/Manage Shared Datasets. Just like below screenshot, for the report 20110902.

Kindly Regards,
    Sharp Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help you and unmark them if they provide no help.
    • Marked as answer by Shree Veethia Friday, December 9, 2011 10:14 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Shree Veethia Tuesday, December 13, 2011 1:11 AM
    • Marked as answer by Shree Veethia Tuesday, December 13, 2011 1:11 AM
    Friday, December 9, 2011 9:04 AM

All replies

• Hi Shree Veethia,

Thanks for the question. For this issue, I guess that you had ever deployed the dataset to another list or folder. Please try to delete all the list and folders that related to the dataset, then re-deploy the datasource, datset and report to SharePoint list.

Thanks
    Sharp Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help you and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Thursday, December 8, 2011 2:24 AM
  • Hi Sharp Wang,

Really appreciated your answer. Anyhow i have tried many times above mentioned step.

Could you please provide me the steps on how to deploy the report in the sharepoint librray? Am i suppose to set the Project properties to Release mode before upload the files to the respective folders in the report server.

veethia
    Friday, December 9, 2011 6:38 AM
  • Thanks for the reply, Shree Veethia. These two MSDN articles have the details steps to publish datasources, datasets and reports to SharePoint library, please see for a reference.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc627458.aspx

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms159270.aspx

Kindly Regards,
    Sharp Wang

Friday, December 9, 2011 7:41 AM
  • Hi Sharp Wang,

Could you please send me the way on how to do the mapping between the dataset and report in the sharepoint library.

My difficulties persist when i try to mange datset in the uploaded report, it says that there is no dataset item available for this report although i have already uploaded the dataset in the Dataset folder. So i could say that i am having problem in mapping the connections between report and the dataset.I am able to connect the :

report to data source,

data source to dataset and

report to data source.

report to dataset--?how to do it? please help.

veethia
    Friday, December 9, 2011 8:44 AM
  • Thanks for the reply. Click on the inverted triangle to the right of the report name, one menu will be displayed. Select Manage Data Source/Manage Shared Datasets. Just like below screenshot, for the report 20110902.

Kindly Regards,
    Sharp Wang

• Marked as answer by Shree Veethia Friday, December 9, 2011 10:14 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Shree Veethia Tuesday, December 13, 2011 1:11 AM
    • Marked as answer by Shree Veethia Tuesday, December 13, 2011 1:11 AM
    Friday, December 9, 2011 9:04 AM
  • Hi shang,

I knew how to do that, but when i Click Manage Shared Datatsets > Shows there is no item for this report. Here is where I am confused, why the datset cannot be mapped with the report although i have already uploaded in the datset folder...

Please advise.

veethia
    Friday, December 9, 2011 10:14 AM
  • veethia, it seems like the dataset didn't be posted into the SharePoint. There are two approaches for you:

1. Right-click the dataset name under the Shared Datasets folder of the reporting project solution, select Deploy.

2. Right-click the solution name of the project, select Deploy.

Thanks,
    Sharp Wang 

Monday, December 12, 2011 1:39 AM
  • Hi , How I do my report is as below: I developed the report successfully.
    Then I changed the Project Properties > configuration to Release and chcked on the Build and Deploy checkboxes.

I saved the project file to my computer and the uploaded the Dataset  into dataset folder, Create the datasource and then uploaded the RDL report file into the Report folder.

I am able to bind the uploaded report to the datasource file Datsource1.rsds. But now when i want to bind the report rdl file with the uploaded Dataset.rsd file, it shows that there is no shared datset upload in the Dataset folder.

Am i suppose to do some code changes in the report RDL file? If yes or any others step to take?Am i suppose to changes any codes in the dataset file?

Please advise. Any help is much appreciated.

Hi Shang,

I made a changes tro my dataset .rsd file and rdl file on the datasource name and dataset name. I am able to call the shared dataset to bind with my report.

But the when i run the report form the sharepoint report library, The report did not displayed the data for the report. It only displays the heading of the table. there is no data in the table contents. Can anyone hwlp me please.

veethia

Monday, December 12, 2011 9:35 AM
  • veethia, which type datasource do you use in your report? Do you have any filters in the data region or the dataset?

Thanks,
    Sharp Wang

Tuesday, December 13, 2011 1:36 AM
  • Hi Shang,

Yes i used filter in the shared dataset. I used shared datasource.

So when i run the repoort by using the filter parameter , the out put seems to be zero. When i run the report originally in visual studio seems to be fine.

After run in the visual studio, i copied the project folder  into my computer, the made changes to the dataset and rdl file. then i upload it to the respective folders in the report library. I manage to link the report with the shared datasource and shared dataset.

I need to display the data into the table. Please help. Thanks.

veethia
    Tuesday, December 13, 2011 1:54 AM
  • After run in the visual studio, i copied the project folder  into my computer, the made changes to the dataset and rdl file. then i upload it to the respective folders in the report library. I manage to link the report with the shared datasource and shared dataset.

Why copy to your computer at first? Why didn't you deploy the dataset and report from Visual Studio directly? Have you ever tried to move the filter from the dataset level then add it in the data region level.

Thanks,
    Sharp Wang

Tuesday, December 13, 2011 2:05 AM
  • Hi Wang,

I used Virtual Machine to develop my project. Then when i try to deploy from the visual studio, it prompts for the username and password. I tried cannot deploy successfully. So what i did, after run successfully in the visual studio, i copied the project file to my computer.

1. Then in the Report library, i create the manually the shared datasource(ex:ds1), where i add the link to the sharepoint site which contains the list.

For the datset i changed the name of the shared datsource name as what i created manually in the (1)-->(ex:ds1),

2. I changed the rdl file contents by changing the <DataSourceReference>(ex:ds1)</DataSourceReference>

and also the dataset name.

then i upload the files in the repsective folders in the report library.

The table did not display the data in the table excepr the for the headings.

3. I have tried to develop the filter in the region during the development stage, but my filter did not works fine. so i set the filter at the shared datset properties under the Report Data section.

Am i suppose to do the filter at the data region level?

Or I am suppose to change the Project properties to Release and then chnage and upload the .rsd and rdl file into the report library?  

Please advise. Thanks.

veethia

Hi wang,

I changed the filter at the data region, yet there is no output in the table contents. only table header were listed. Kindly please help.

Tuesday, December 13, 2011 2:42 AM
  • First at all, if there is no one filter in the shared dataset, and we add one filter in the data region, we are abale to get the expect result also.

For your problem, I guess the issue is incorrect corresponding relationship between report and shared dataset, or between data source and shared dataset, or between the report and the data source.

Please check these three relationships again in your SharePoint library: rebind the shared dataset to the data source, rebind the report to the shared datasource, rebind the report to the data source.

Thanks,
    Sharp Wang

Tuesday, December 13, 2011 3:08 AM
  • Hi Sharp Wang,

I added the filter in the data region.

There are 2 type of filters here:

1. filter the data accoring to the parameter category selction

2. Filter the data with a data range(startdate and enddate parameter)

I have already rebind the :

shared dataset with datasource

Report with share data source and shared dataset.

I have uploaded the files just completed the debug.

Yet the report is not displaying the data for the selection. Am I suppose to change the the Project configuration to Release? Only then upoad the the respective rsd and rdl file into the sharepoint library?

Please advise.

veethia
    Tuesday, December 13, 2011 5:17 AM