none
ssis package failed at job side and working in bids side(how to handled bytestrem data) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I have one doubt in  ssis 
    how to load bytestrem values (DB2 source ) to sql server  table using ssis package

DB2 Table :

create table Emp
    (LOCK char(1) for bit data DEFAULT ' ' NOT NULL)

and tow types of values have 1)e8  2) 40  

sql server side Emp :lock column datatype  is nvarchar(max)

in ssis package I have done like below steps.
    step1 : using ado.net source transfomation I congigure source db2 table query like 
    select lock from emp

ste2: using derived column/dataconversion transformation I changed datatype dt_wster,10

step3 : using  ado.net destination tranformaion i configured sql server emp table 

after I execute the package its working fine.records also have in sql server table.

after that I Deployed this package in server and schedule this package using sql serve agent job
    here  same package is not working in the sql server agent job side.
    getting error like tem.overflow Arithmetic operation resulted in an overfow.at system.data.odbc.datareader.buildmetadatainfo()

can you please tell me how to achive this type of issue in ssis
    Wednesday, October 2, 2019 7:31 PM

All replies

• Hi jairama,

Could you please share the error messages more detailed?

Please try to use derived column/dataconversion transformation to chang the datatype as dt_ntext .

Best Regards,

Mona

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, October 3, 2019 9:05 AM
  • Error Message: bids side is working ,in the sql server agent job side same package is not working and getting error:

• Edited by jairama Thursday, October 3, 2019 10:06 AM
    Thursday, October 3, 2019 10:04 AM
  • Hi jairama,

It seems that the ADO is not the right approach for your ODBC source/destination for this operation.

See if you can use OLDEB

Arthur

MyBlog

Twitter

Thursday, October 3, 2019 2:01 PM