none
SSRS Using command to get data-driven report parameters RRS feed

• Question

• We're migrating SSRS reports (created from SQL Server 2008 R2) to Azure now.

In data-driven subscription settings, only "query" is supported to get report parameters.

Two questions here

1) Is "command" already deprecated in Azure SSRS ? or is there a way to turn "command"  on ? 

2) If only "query" is allowed, any recommended way to revise existing "command" (stored procedure) to query version ? 

In sp version, we not only SELECT parameters but also UPDATE related tables to share dynamically generated parameters.

• Edited by Nick_Go Tuesday, October 15, 2019 3:43 AM
    Monday, October 14, 2019 10:05 AM

Answers

• Hi Nick,

As far as I know,Data Driven Subscription feature hasn't change much through these versions. SQL command(and stored procedure) works the same in SSRS2016\2017 as I knew.

I also checked the documents and haven't fund any clue that says it was depreciated. So I think this is just a description difference between these versions. 

Regards,

Lukas

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Nick_Go Wednesday, October 16, 2019 8:29 AM
    Tuesday, October 15, 2019 6:05 AM

All replies

• Hi Nick,

As far as I know,Data Driven Subscription feature hasn't change much through these versions. SQL command(and stored procedure) works the same in SSRS2016\2017 as I knew.

I also checked the documents and haven't fund any clue that says it was depreciated. So I think this is just a description difference between these versions. 

Regards,

Lukas

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Nick_Go Wednesday, October 16, 2019 8:29 AM
    Tuesday, October 15, 2019 6:05 AM
  • Hi Lukas,

Thanks for your information. 

It's really a wording that confuses me, I've tried to put EXEC SP_XXX into "Query" input box and it works.

Thank you

Nick

Wednesday, October 16, 2019 8:31 AM