none
A connection cannot be made; Ensure that the server is running RRS feed

• Question

• Hi There

I have installed Analysis service on my server machine through remote login from my service account. I am able to open Analysis services from there.

When I open SSMS from the same service account on my local machine, I am not able to connect to that Analysis service. It is giving me error by saying :

"A connection cannot be made to redirector. Ensure that 'SQL Browser' service is running. (Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient).

A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connection host has failed to respond 10.245.192.111:2382(System)."

Do you have any solution to this ??

Thanks

Nidhi

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 7:02 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Nidhi,

Based on my research, the issue was caused by the Browser Service account was changed to the domain account. In your scenario, you can try to connect to the Analysis Service using <Servername>:2383 instead of instance name. Or you can change the Browser Service account to "Local System". Here is a blog that describes the detail informatin about it error, please see:
    Analysis Service connectivity error due to SQL Browser service
    Connectivity Issue: "A connection cannot be made to redirector. Ensure that 'SQL Browser' service is running"

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Regards,

Charlie Liao
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, February 20, 2014 2:51 AM
  • Hi Charlie,

I was experiencing the same issue and resolved it with your suggestion, Browser Service account to "Local System"

thanks for help.

• Proposed as answer by Ravi Lele Wednesday, July 30, 2014 9:14 AM
    Wednesday, July 30, 2014 9:14 AM
  • Hello,

I had the same problem with connecting remotely to Analysis Server 2012.

The Browser service was already running under LOCALSERVICE account and yet I still got the same error message as you mentioned.  Connecting with the port number :2383 specified, did not solve the issue either.

The Browser service was not the issue, It was windows Firewall that denied access. I solved this by adding a new inbound rule in the Windows firewall for TCP port 2383, i.e. the same kind of inbound rule as for SQL server port 1433.

See Configure the Windows Firewall to Allow Analysis Services Access

Jan D'Hondt - SQL server BI development

• Edited by jandho Wednesday, October 15, 2014 9:25 AM
    Wednesday, October 15, 2014 8:24 AM
  • And the LOCALSERVICE account is NOT the same, as the LocalSystem account! Poorly both solutions (3 including the firewall-thing) don't work for me..
    Tuesday, November 14, 2017 10:28 AM