none
Resources remain checked out after edit and save in the resource center RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am using Project Server 2019 OnPrem.  If I go into Resource Center and edit a resource and save, it will remain checked out and I cannot go back in and edit until I force check it in from the PWA Settings -> Force Check in.  Is there a setting I am missing someplace?

Thursday, October 15, 2020 6:42 PM

All replies

• Hi Rod,

Does it happen on all resources? It can be due (just a guess) to an issue with a custom field that Project Server cannot save. If you edit the resources from MS Project and save them, do you have the issue?

I suggest that you check the queue will saving the resources from the resource center. You'll see the operation logged in the queue and see if there are any error. Eventually with the ULS logs you'll be able to spot the issue and have more details.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Friday, October 16, 2020 6:06 AM
  • Thanks Guillaume,

Things have changed slightly since my first post.  It appears that on Save of the resource it checks in fine.  It is when I edit the resource and then cancel. 

This does not create a queue event.  When I go back into the resource to edit I see a message that says:
    The following resource(s) could not be checked out:

• At least one resource could not be checked out because either it has been deleted or you no longer have permissions to view it.

I am on of the Project Server Admins so do not understand how permissions could change.  It just seems to never check in when I cancel.  This happens on any resource that I edit->cancel.

-Rod

Sunday, October 18, 2020 8:22 PM