none
Login failed for user '%.*ls'. Reason: The password of the account must be changed.

Question

•  

Hi All,

I have a sql server database user with Password must change, and I get this error when i use ODBC connection wizard,

Login failed for user '%.*ls'. Reason: The password of the account must be changed.

where would the windows shows up to change it similary we do when we connect through Management studio and provide new password.

Any idea.

Thursday, April 3, 2008 2:02 PM

Answers

•    The following article from BOL should be useful: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms131024.aspx

Let us know if you have additional questions.

-Raul Garcia

SDE/T

SQL Server Engine

Thursday, April 3, 2008 6:07 PM

All replies

•    The following article from BOL should be useful: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms131024.aspx

Let us know if you have additional questions.

-Raul Garcia

SDE/T

SQL Server Engine

Thursday, April 3, 2008 6:07 PM
  • Thanks, but this article is known to me. what I am figuring out is that, if User tries to configure ODBC connection using the credentials given to him from DATABASE ADMIN, and which requires "Pass must change", in such case, User will get the above error, but wil not get any UI where new password can be supplied (similar what SQL Server shows when user logins to it directly(backend)),

so when we try to make ODBC connection using Control panel, windows does not offer any UI to change the password for sql server ODBC is trying to connect to.

so Question becomes, any utility to have it done, do i have develop my own, etc etc?? if users are web based users , then it would have been easy, each time, they try to open connection, if required, I would have shown them UI page with updating password and feed it back to SQL Server. but in my case, we are creating ODBC connection, which can be used by any front application, for example, Crystal Report, etc.

Thanks,

Thursday, April 3, 2008 6:48 PM